View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Well, at one point, the "Remaster project" was supposed to be the entire WB/Reprise CATALOGUE. (That's from Then Play On through Time, yes, Time) They started with FM '75, Rumours and Tusk as the first three, then supposed to release the rest over the next couple of years...well, somebody obviously put a kabosh on that project. Maybe it's back on the burner again.
I do remember that was the original announcement. The entire collection.
But.. that was 2004, right? It has been almost 7 years. Kabosh or not, nowadays the CDs market has changed a lot. Stores are closing, used CDs are a growing option, there are MP3 downloads, Itunes, etc. I don't think this would be a good idea in commercial terms.

For us the fans, we would love it. Specially because the Mirage CD sound sucks. We need a remastered. And of course there are the bonus tracks, new pictures, etc. But I don't think it would be a finnancial success. And I guess that was the main reason they didn't follow after the 3 releases.

Unless they sell it thru Itunes or any new alternative. But even so I'm not sure it will make it.

I guess it just a rumour.

Last edited by Villavic; 01-28-2011 at 04:56 PM..