View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Registered

It is now 7 years later- I don't recall if I ever read this thread, and now in Feb. 2011, I have read every page and post in it. It's really very interesting.
Mostly, I feel quite bad for Javier, because as little as 7 years ago, Javier was hoping for either a Fritz reunion or the OK from LB&SN to release music he seemed to still love and felt was part of Stevie & Lindsey's legacy.
It is also his legacy, and he didn't have the careers they have had. It seems only fair to him. He wrote that he had 3cds worth of good quality, 'non-filler material' to choose from.
I hope Javier is still alive and well.
How sad that 7 years ago he was holding out hope that his old colleagues might remember how he helped them develop chops that lead to their fame. Sadder still, the feverish focus he had on 2 bootlegs that sold for less than $1600 and it being enough to upset him. He seems like a good man, and must need a nest-egg at this stage of his life.
These posts of his from 7 years ago really are quite heartbreaking, trying to hunt down one person over a bootleg 45.
An arty limited-edition Fritz box set of 3000 copies printed, with the 3 cds of music, reproductions of old concert posters or photos with Javier's liner notes, sold at $70 for the 3 cd set could be a comforting $200,000 for the man, maybe.
It would be more than 'beer money' he wrote of 7 years ago.
I think they'd all be pushing 70 before any court date would be set if there were any objections from the royal court of Buckingham Nicks!
Go for it, Dr. Javier P!
Your turn now, sir.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 02-04-2011 at 04:05 AM..