View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If Mick needs an income again, why doesn’t he hire himself out as a session drummer? Surely, many recording artists would love to have Mick Fleetwood play drums for them, in the studio or onstage or both. He could make a fine living at his age doing session work. Doesn’t that seem more interesting — if you’re a musician — than selling coffee or wine or electronic vests?

Everybody is sort of dumb in Fleetwood Mac. Even back in the old days, Peter and Danny and Bob Weston and others were all sort of dumb. Bob Welch may have been the only non-dumb one. Rick, too.
Who is dumber- Mick Fleetwood for selling balls he held on an album cover back in 1977, nearly 50 years ago, or the person paying thousands of dollars for them? Yet if someone has the money to afford one of these items up for bid, how dumb can they be?

I think folks are reading WAY to much into this auction and are being very judgemental. In America, as well as other developed countries, people are allowed to sell items they no longer want or need. How anyone on this board can be so outraged is a head scratcher to me. Who cares what they do with the money? To quote an aunt of mine, and I think it’s appropriate here- “Geez Louise!”

I guess I’m just being cranky, and I don’t know why. Guess I just can’t understand why people are acting so outraged because the band isn’t spending the money the way they think it should be spent.