Thread: Rumours (band)
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Am I the only one that can’t stand the tribute bands? Almost every one I’ve ever listened to does everything possible to take what it is I love about Fleetwood Mac live performances. They essentially play the album. The arrangements are almost exclusively redundant of the albums. The phoniness and lack of spontaneity just kills any vibe. I’d rather just listen to Rumours or Mirage. I also find the ones that have everyone dressing in costumes like the band members to be horribly cringeworthy. You’ll have a Christine “lookalike” barely playing the keys and some guy in the background carrying the workload. I suppose that makes it super realistic to the modern era Fleetwood Mac…

When a FM cover band goes back to the refrain “you can go your own way…you can call it another lonely day” during the GYOW solo (the same way the album version does), they’ve lost me.
I would partially agree. But some of them are so freaking good. Check out the videos of the band Tusk. They do an incredible Sara.
Of course the spontaneity of the real band we love especially in the hay day of the wild and unpredictable Stevie Nicks. Will she know the words, will she mis her cue, and who can forget her infamous I WANNA BE WITH YOU on the 1987 and 1990 tour.
When the Dance came out and beyond, the band almost sounded like a cover band of themselves. The Chain was neutered and everything was so scripted and predictable. I saw them on one of the last dates of the Dance and Lindsey gave the same exact speech he gave for the recording of the Dance video. There was nothing spontaneous, not even talking to the audience. This is why I prefer the Farewell Tour to the Dance. While I loved Lindsey back, the Farewell tour had so many unpredictable moments through the entire show. Give me the drunken, stoned, and high US Festival warts and all. THAT is rock and roll. Or as Stevie would tell her solo audiences during the Wild Heart tour, "they just play until I start." And you know what, each night she started a different time

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-29-2024 at 05:39 PM..