View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I love how every show was different in the “before” times. You play me any song from a 2009 show or a 2014 show and I’d with a few exceptions not know the difference at all.
That's actually my biggest criticism of the band between '97-'15. The Rumours, Tusk, and Mirage tours all had a distinct sound to them which is great. Lindsey's guitar tone has largely been unchanged since '97. It would have been nice if they had spent a bit more time trying to brush the dust off of the same arrangement for Dreams they've been using since '97 etc.

I was listening to Sisters Of The Moon from the 2014 tour and it really stood out to me how diminished Lindsey's guitar parts are. He's just strumming chords for 90% of the song. That amazing guitar solo from '79-'82 was entirely absent. Everyone knew Stevie wasn't going to be able to have the same vocal intensity she did 40 years ago, all the more reason to boost the song with all of the amazing guitar work that used to be there. The 2014 version never made sense to me. IMO, the biggest disappointment of any of their songs that have made a return to the set after decades of absence.

The same thing applies to Rhiannon. It's like they forgot all about that amazing solo that came after the "dreams unwind" segment of the song.

I always wondered if there was some sort of comment made about Lindsey's guitar overshadowing her songs/performances.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-18-2024 at 02:13 PM..