View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
He crossed camp Stevie by releasing the album with Christine. Stevie didn't want to do a Fleetwood Mac record and she didn't want the press acknowledging her absence from the project either. The only thing that would have made her happy was if they shelved the entire project for good. It didn't matter how nice they tried to spin it and let Stevie off the hook, she was pissed that the other 4 members of the band proceeded to release the album because it ultimately made her look bad to a certain degree. Plus it displayed the power-shift that was occurring within the band. She wasn't able to call the shots on this one. Irving was probably pissed as well because he was banking on a Fleetwood Mac album pay-day and that never happened because of the Stevie-Lindsey drama, then it was released without his client (Stevie) which put more salt on the wound. So yeah...I bet Irving blames Lindsey for the collapse his big Fleetwood Mac payday. Instead he and his client (Stevie) were left with a tour that costed them money between the settlement and ticket sale issues.
We’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Your point that Azoff blamed Lindsey for not calling Buck/Vie a FM album, I don’t make the connection. A FM album wouldn’t make that much money, certainly not what a tour would. And wouldn’t Azoff have still made money off the album since he was Lindsey’s manager at the time? And he was left with a tour without Lindsey because the band fired him, apparently with Azoff’s approval/encouragement. The band wanted Lindsey out so much they settled almost immediately. They made so much money from the tour, even if they settled for $14 million, they still made a ton of money. And we know they settled for less than $14 million because that was what he was asking- I wouldn’t be surprised if they settled for $10 million, but they must have thought it was worth it.

No way for any of us to know for sure, but I think instead of it being one or two big issues, it was several things that happened along the way that finally led to Stevie and Irving saying enough. Doesn’t mean that it was right, but that’s my where my vote is.