View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just finished my first listen (apart from the 3 singles, which I probably overplayed).

I enjoyed it a lot but so much of it was not what I was expecting at all. For example, the (intentionally?) goofy synth of Blue Light threw me! I really like the electro influence on some of the tracks.

First impressions of the non-singles, based on a single listen so don't hold me to them :

Swan Song - really good. Not just new sonic textures for Lindsey but also some new melodic and harmonic influence. An album highlight.
Blind Love - schmaltzy in the same was as Say We'll Meet Again. Probably this one will grow on me. Probably sounds the most like a L&O track.
Time - really nice. Not much more to say. Touching song performed well.
Blue Light - that synth is a little jarring but the song is good.
Power Down - has elements of Animal Collective (who I have always heard a lot of Lindsey in) both melodically and sonically. Really loved this one.
Santa Rosa - a classic Lindsey song. The chorus is really great.
Dancing - I really like this one. I was expecting even more ethereal production based on comments I had read. More restrained production that I'd guessed. I'd have added more ghostly backing vocals or reverb Not something most people say about Lindsey!

Overall, I really like it a lot ad there are no duds. I can't guess where it will land in relation to his other albums yet because, as always, there is a lot to digest. Really looking forward to getting to knowing all of these songs better