View Single Post
Old 04-30-2023, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
With one of the greatest bands of all time at her disposal, why on earth was she touring solo?

Maybe Stevie was busy with Rock A Little. But I imagine Go Insane was either finished by the time of this tour, or the tour could have been scheduled for after it was.

And even if not, does anyone really think Mick and John wouldn't have backed her up?
She did that solo album as part of her contractual obligation with Warner Bros. Not a shabby obligation, I’d say!

As far as the members of FM being available to back her up, Lindsey was off writing music for what was supposed to be his third album. Stevie was contractually obligated to do Rock a Little less than a year later. John was raising a family.

Mick and Lindsey helped her a lot. LB played and sang on three tracks. Mick on one. Then Mick played live for her video album special.

But I am glad she used her own band. Hawkins and Ferrone make a killer rhythm section. Sharp is a fine guitarist in his own right. The only thing her band could have used was a backup singer to handle high-end harmonies. Christine used David Isaacs, a fine tenor, in the studio for ITM. “Friend” and “Sweet Revenge” benefit from his harmonies.