View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Her band was pretty good, though. i saw her on that tour and i remember being impressed. and i don't know if FM would have been thrilled to be her 'back up band' while she was doing all new solo stuff?

i mean, she was 'touring solo' to promote her solo album, and it was all on a much smaller scale than any Mac tour ever was. Mick i believe was actually on the road as well w/ his own band, the Zoo, around that time period. Stevie and LB had their own stuff going on. And John was pretty bad w the alcohol at that time, so... she used the band she had made the album with. and she probably wanted Eddy there since they were an item by them....so no way would john have wanted to be around all that, as he was never fond of him lol.

i think Chris did a good job w the band she had.

--Lis
Her band was incredible. Chris was a terrific musician and writer. Her standards were high because of her own talent. Even though she was a keyboard player, her live solo stuff was still guitar based with a mix of keyboards. It all blended nicely. I always wished Todd got the call to join the Mac.
1984: Stevie was so coked out she was not even showing up in the studio. Lindsey was fascinated with the studio and was not into live gigs. Mick was declaring bankruptcy. John was sailing on his boat. Chris had a fine set of musicians touring making great music. Chris needed to get away from that dysfunction. I am glad I got to see her solo show. But I was always sad that her album was not more of a success and her solo tour was not successful. I know she never wanted to be a solo star but her solo career was almost a self fulfilling prophecy. Rock A Little, Go Insane, and her 1984 solo album. Her solo album holds up so much better. She was so classy that she never embraced the slick quick 80s music trends which is why her music holds up.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-01-2023 at 05:18 PM..