View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Default I Can't Wait video

Stevie admitted she used drugs in all over her pop single videos. I got a kick out of what she said about the I Cant Wait video. She said she cant even watch the video and wanted to stab herself watching it because of how drugged out she was. She said "why could I have not laid off the coke, pot, and tequila for 3 days before the shoot. Of all her videos, she does look really high at times but her eye make up is done differently too. Both the Talk To Me and I Cant Wait videos were s***ty videos even for the mid 80s. Putting Mick on the stairs and her brother pretending to play sax was just pointless and stupid. When she does that dance with her hands, it was stupid even for 1986. As a teen I used to think the same thing when I would see her recorded in concert. Why when you know its being filmed would you not clean yourself up for at least one day. But when you are an addict and you pay people around you, they become your biggest enablers.
Its really scary because if you rewind time, there was no Talk To Me video until Talk to me was already well on the charts. The video shoot was delayed because Stevie was too "ill."
This is the woman who failed herself and record company for not having a big video release of a new song then abandoned promoting the album to run away to Australia to party while her band tried to practice and carry on. It was always my hunch her record company released HAEWAFY purposely to kill the album. They did not want a hit third single that would require a video. They forced her into rehab after the tour.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-30-2021 at 05:48 PM..