View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Why when you know its being filmed would you not clean yourself up for at least one day. But when you are an addict and you pay people around you, they become your biggest enablers.

It was always my hunch her record company released HAEWAFY purposely to kill the album. They did not want a hit third single that would require a video. They forced her into rehab after the tour.
Yes, Stevie being addicted meant she couldn’t quit drugs even for 3 days.

I think she looks incredible in Talk to Me, stunning, even. She’s wearing different color and style dresses, different hairstyles, I think it was a great video. I Can’t Wait is dismal, I definitely agree.

Her record company did not release a single that was designed to kill the album. If they didn’t want to shoot a third video, that doesn’t mean they didn’t want another hit single. If they had released No Spoken Word instead, whether it had a video or not, there’s no guarantee it would have charted any higher than HAEWAFY. Talk to Me and I Can’t Wait were the most the most commercial songs on the album, as proven by their performance on the charts.