View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Mick's book? He barely mentions Chris album when he told how he felt in 1984. No details about her tour.

But as much as I love the Zoo, my main concern was the revivification of Fleetwood Mac. The problem was how to make it happen. Stevie had a booming career of her own now. Her second solo album, The Wild Heart, had sold in the millions, and now she was working on her third, Rock a Little. It would be hard to persuade her management that she should come back to us for a while. Lindsey was also working on his third solo project, and Christine was enjoying a huge solo hit with "Got a Hold on Me." John McVie seemed quite happy in semiretirement, sailing his boat and playing occasional gigs with John Mayall and Mick Taylor in a reformed Bluesbreakers.

I was the only member of the band desperate to see it back together.

The reformation process started somewhat inauspiciously, when the rest of the band visited Stevie Nicks backstage at a benefit she was playing with her own band at the Universal Amphitheater for a local environmental group caned Mulholland Tomorrow. It was the first Time Fleetwood Mac had all been together since the end of the Mirage tour, three years earlier, and the tension was so thick you could choke on it.

As it happened, it was really Christine McVie who reunited Fleetwood Mac. It started when she called John Courage out of his Hawaiian exile to help her make an album in Switzerland, and eventually to manage her career. Christine had been asked to record Elvis's "Can't Help Falling in Love" for the soundtrack of the film A Fine Mess. She called in Richard Dashut to produce, who in turn said that Lindsey was a real Elvis fan and might like to get involved. Then John Courage called me and John McVie, and in August 1985 four-fifths of Fleetwood Mac found themselves in the studio, cutting this record. This was fun, and the seed that eventually grew into Tango in the Night.
Do they make lube for books?

Axing for a friend....