View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Was it worth it for the band? Absolutely. Those were some very lucrative tours post Dance pre OWTS. I feel bad for Lindsey for pushing the band to make SYW and how they protested his decisions only to have the album considered a commercial failure at the time.
Was it worth it for the fans? Thats an open ended question. We got a very creative SYW but the blowback from that made them making new music (without Chris) stop in its tracks. The band became a summer tour oldies play the hits band. For the casual fan it definitely was worth it.
For the die hard fan there were some great moments digging into Tusk for rare live performances of some songs that were never done on a live stage before.
Looking back would it not have been amazing if Chris only took 7 years off instead of 14? That would have solved everything. However that is being greedy because it was a miracle at her age she came back with both feet to give us 3 tours and a BuckVie album.