View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a great interview! What is great about it is Lindsey seems so whole and well rounded here.

He talks about his daughters turning him on to new music.

His awareness of Taylor Swift's dating life and the quirkiness (to put it mildly) of the 1975's Matty Healy was laugh out loud funny.

He doesn't look at new music with the dismissive not as good as in my day attitude that can often come through from other legacy artists. He hits on the pop brilliance of As it Was by Harry Styles and the vocal layering of Apollo's Ivory, Invincible and Killing Me.

He talks about most of the relationship songs he has written in the last twenty years are about his wife. He comes across as a person at peace and with greater balance than I have ever heard from him.

Except for one area - Fleetwood Mac. He states he would go back in a shot. He mentions that the band could still carry on without Christine and it is all in Stevie's hands to move forward together. He makes no mention of having to go on without John, so at least in his mind, it appears John being part of the band is still viable.

I very much get the impression that he wants his legacy to be capped as not ex-Fleetwood Mac vocalist and guitarist, but Fleetwood Mac vocalist and guitarist, Lindsey Buckingham. It may seem like a small nuance, but for him it matters, as does the final Fleetwood Mac song ever played live by the band, includes him.

Last edited by John Run; 11-03-2023 at 08:05 AM..