View Single Post
Old 02-25-2023, 07:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders8323 View Post
No I'm pretty sure Hunger was one of those 8 or so songs Lindsey worked on back in 2012 for the supposed forthcoming Mac album, which becamse the EP. As we know, Sad Angel, It Takes Time, and Miss Fantasy were what were chosen for that. Ride This Road also dates back to that year but was probably a song Lindsey was working on for his solo career. They both state they were recorded in 2012 in the Solo Anthology liner notes.

The other songs from that time were In My World, Red Sun, Too Far Gone, Lay Down for Free, and On with the Show. Red Sun and Too Far Gone were only instrumental bits at that time, and Chris helped flesh those two out and ended up singing lead on them.

Sleeping Around the Corner was an extra track from Seeds We Sow. Love Is Here to Stay I think was a new one for the BuckVie album when they decided it would end up just being a duo affair.
Yes, the seven songs recorded in 2012 were Hunger, In My World, Is it Right, Lay Down For Free, Miss Fantasy, On With the Show, and Sad Angel. With the exception of Is it Right, all of these songs have been released in some form. Two appeared on Extended Play (Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy), three of them appeared on Buckingham/McVie (In My World, Lay Down For Free, and On With the Show), and Hunger appeared on Solo Anthology

Seeing that I don't have the physical copy of Solo Anthology, I was unaware that Ride This Road was written in 2012, so thank you for that information. But it's still possible that both Hunger and Ride This Road were considered for the eponymous before the decision was made to release the anthology