Thread: Unexpected FM
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Rooms On Fire is a great song. She was very difficult to work with around this time.
I was so proud of her when I heard the single. The cokey screams were gone. She seemed grounded. But as we would find out later, a bit too grounded.
Its also my all time favorite Stevie video.
But yes it was an odd time. Her management kept her away from lots of promotion during RAL. I imagine making a video with her during the drug years was torture. But they should have forced her to do another video for Ooh My Love which should have been the second single. I actually like Two Kinds of Love. But you need introduction to the song with a video. Its a song that grows on you and should never been a single. When it did not chart they did that live video for Whole Lotta Trouble. By that time OSOTM was off the charts. I dont think Ooh My Love would have been a huge hit but with a video it could have extended the life of the album to maybe sell another 100k copies. But then it got even more strange with her next album touring before the album was released. By the time the album was ready, she was off the road and Sometimes Its A Bitch never really charted. I cant imagine management could be so dumb. Its obvious her behavior was so off that it made it difficult to have a normal recording career with videos and concerts, etc.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-16-2023 at 02:34 PM..