View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I've never understood the deep love that "Tango in the Night" gets from critics and Fleetwood Mac fans. The album's sound has definitely not aged well - it's extremely synth heavy and overproduced, like most late 80's music.

The production on Fleetwood Mac's first three albums with the Buckingham Nicks lineup is timeless - the music holds up well and it's not dated. Even "Mirage" is a far superior album to "Tango in the Night".

"Tango in the Night" definitely has some fine moments, but it's far from one of the greatest Fleetwood Mac albums.
I completely disagree, Tango has held up when in the context of current music trends. The album is incredibly influential to the current crop of synth-pop bands. Why do you think Linds is obsessed with bands like Phoenix and Empire of The Sun. I understand your point, and can easily see how the album can be viewed as dated. However, I feel the album sounds fresh and sparkles on vinyl and through headphones.

I love revisiting this article as it's a perfect document of how meticulous the process was. Tango wasn't a bunch of buttons Lindsey pushed to create a fake sound.

https://www.salon.com/2017/04/02/he-...-in-the-night/

Last edited by justcrazylove; 04-15-2024 at 03:29 AM..