View Single Post
Old 01-21-2024, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
we were indeed ahead of our time, quite advanced in our musical tastes!

i remember that blasted HBO concert. we did not have HBO in my house but my wealthier friend down the road did. do i had to scrounge up money to buy a Maxell tape and begged them to pleeeeeease record it if they could. my friend said it depended on if her parents were watching something else, because if they were, it was doubtful she'd be able to record anything. and i don't recall she ever could do it lol even though i let her keep the maxell tape for future airings....but like you said, there weren't many...(or any?) I was so upset. I don't think I saw that until it eventually appeared on tape in the videostore. at that point i had rented the Tusk documentary so many times i had it memorized

wow how did you survive without MTV or a VCR?? yikes. good for you for writing that letter though. I once wrote to warner brothers in 1982 trying to get FM autographs and they sent me back a shiny white folder with a few bio pages of the group, as well as a black/white 8x10 of the band. i was thrilled.

kids today have no idea of the struggle it was for us...!

--Lis
Mirage was the first REAL "movie" I bought. On Betamax! I was quite the visionary! I still have it somewhere. Somebody made me a vhs copy of the Tusk doc.