Thread: Unexpected FM
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I don't think I mind the solo sounding somewhat edited down. It fits with the very tight running time of all the tracks (the longest is just over 4 minutes), and together with the fading out it creates the feeling of what one reviewer described as the singers calling out to each other from lonely castle turrets over misty moors (or something like that).
It's good that TITN is track 5, not track 12, not to mention it is the title track.

There is always Murrow and Come for extended solos.

As for throwing Caroline in the trash... no complaints here.
You just made my case of why Tango is one of my least favorite Mac albums. Besides embracing synth pop, you are right no song is allowed over 4 minutes. Thank goodness the Eagles never embraced this corporate philosophy because we would have never gotten Hotel California and Don would have never recorded Sunset Grill. Total embracing of the pop song to the extreme. Sadly most keyboards are not even Christine playing and its programmed stuff. The song Tango in the Night is one of the album highlights. It should have been the opening track and Lindsey's play should have been extended IMHO.