View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Me too. There are definitely duds on the album. But IMHO it was such a HUGE step up from RAL. Its a brutally honest album and her early klonopin days let her reveal so much. I agree with Stevie that it is a magic album.

BTW, I've decided. I want this demo version of Juliet to be played at my funeral with no explanation given as loud as possible.

SECOND VERSE!

Stevie ditching rehab 2 days early and comparing the experience to prison and escaping from the police state of West Germany is beyond brilliant. For the first time in her life people told her what to do and she could not handle it. Had she stayed and completed a successful treatment could have prevented the klonopin years. It was because of her leaving early and calling the experience "really dumb" and firing her management company over it is what gave her friends concern she would relapse. Most rehab songs are positive but hers is so dark and brutal how can anyone not like it.

I will never forget the MTV music news break with Martha Quin who started with "Stevie Nicks, not talking to anyone" (Clearly a Talk To Me reference). Stevie checked in to Betty Ford for a 30 day stint but left after 28 days calling the experience "really dumb."
More music news later on MTV
Why did she call it "dumb". I always thought she respected rehab.