View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
You know how you see set lists written by roadies sometimes, that are pasted on the stage, with abbreviations and misspellings in song titles? My guess has always been that someone in the band or in the studio wrote the title like that in some stage of the recording process and they decided to keep it like that as they got used to it or though it was more pithy or catchy or, like you say, unique.

Re poets, maybe Stevie was jealous that Lindsey was almost asked to join Dylan in the Wilburys.
Thats a good theory. Someone must ask Billy this question and he can solve the mystery. But then again he may not know either since was it not him and Rick could not remember much about the album cover for BTM.

Ok now for some funny things I found online.

McVie wrote "Skies the Limit" as an upbeat "rally song" with the intention of offsetting some Behind the Mask tracks that she believed were too depressing. "Everything was getting to the point of where it was a downer album. It sounded like this was a potential suicide band, which it wasn't. I decided to write a song that was really up, it was a rally song."

GQ labeled "Skies the Limit" as one of the ten best post-Rumours songs, saying that "the misspelled opening from the album" is "the only truly memorable song from the album"

LMAO