View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I think the article says that it's Christine trophy for the Gypsy video. I guess each band member got one, and after all Chris is a supporting actress in the video.

I have no doubt that Mick also tried to rope Stevie and maybe Lindsey into this sell-out sell-off, and that those two wanted nothing to do with it.

I can understand Christine getting rid of stuff. She comes across as completely unsentimental most of the time, and maybe there are some tax considerations for liquidating your estate while alive. But the shonky and shameless idea of selling off a bunch of random crap with "a portion" of the proceeds going to charity has the name Mick Fleecewood all over it. I imagine that whoever places the winning bid on Christine's historic baby grand will open the lid to find a one-month trial subscription to Fleetwood's Coffee Beans taped to the keys.
Thats a good point that Stevie and Lindsey stuff seems to be missing which tells you something. You are right, its Chris selling her Gypsy trophy.

These auctions happen all the time in rock. I think its cool and hopefully Chris's dress ends up at a Hard Rock somewhere for the world to see.

My issue is this auction is not exclusively for charity. I have never seen something like this before. It tells you it was Mick that concocted this idea since he has not much royalties and touring cash to get him by. He leads one of the biggest bands in rock and does meet and greets for a few hundred dollars. How could anyone sell their RRHOF award for cash and not exclusively for charity? That's a first for rock. It's pathetic to sell it. I applaud Stevie and Lindsey for not taking part.