View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

October 17, 20147:44 am

http://globalnews.ca/news/1619873/mi...ber-behaviour/

Mick Fleetwood weighs in on U2 album furor, Bieber behaviour

By John R. Kennedy Global News

TORONTO — Rock icon Mick Fleetwood said Thursday he feels badly for Irish band U2, who sparked a furor when its Songs of Innocence album was automatically uploaded to Apple users’ devices.

“The only thing wrong about it is apparently people said, ‘I actually don’t want to be given something.’ It’s like giving free tickets outside a concert — they think there’s something wrong with the tickets,” Fleetwood said in Toronto.

“So, it was a bold move and it just didn’t quite get the kudos that one would have imagined, so go figure.”

In an interview with Maurie Sherman of the Roz & Mocha Show on KiSS 92.5, Fleetwood added: “There’s always something wrong with something that’s free and I think they may be suffering from a little bit of that.”

Earlier this week, U2 singer Bono apologized publicly for the surprise album drop.

Fleetwood, 67, was also asked what he would say to Canadian pop star Justin Bieber and other young music stars who find themselves making headlines for bad choices and behaviour.

“The only advice you can give about that type of burnout is that [Bieber] considers himself quite lucky and I wouldn’t advocate that you rely on just getting lucky,” said Fleetwood.

“I would say take stock and beware of that particular beast that can really take on a whole sense of control of your life, therefore you don’t have the life that you could have. And it’s really that simple.”

Fleetwood attended an exhibition of his photographs at Liss Gallery on Thursday (Reflections will be on display until the end of the month) and will perform with Fleetwood Mac at the Air Canada Centre on Friday.

The band plays in Ottawa Oct. 26, Winnipeg on Nov. 10, Saskatoon on Nov. 12, Calgary on Nov. 14, Edmonton on Nov. 15, and Vancouver on Nov. 18.