View Single Post
Old 02-25-2023, 12:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
If he substituted "Blind Love" for "Hunger and "Dancing" for "Ride This Road", and I would have enjoyed the album even more. Apparently his record label wanted new material on the Anthology album, so he selected "Hunger" and "Ride This Road" to fulfill that requirement. Given the album's relatively short run-time, I'm curious if the two aforementioned songs were originally intended for his eponymous release.
No I'm pretty sure Hunger was one of those 8 or so songs Lindsey worked on back in 2012 for the supposed forthcoming Mac album, which becamse the EP. As we know, Sad Angel, It Takes Time, and Miss Fantasy were what were chosen for that. Ride This Road also dates back to that year but was probably a song Lindsey was working on for his solo career. They both state they were recorded in 2012 in the Solo Anthology liner notes.

The other songs from that time were In My World, Red Sun, Too Far Gone, Lay Down for Free, and On with the Show. Red Sun and Too Far Gone were only instrumental bits at that time, and Chris helped flesh those two out and ended up singing lead on them.

Sleeping Around the Corner was an extra track from Seeds We Sow. Love Is Here to Stay I think was a new one for the BuckVie album when they decided it would end up just being a duo affair.

Blind Love is one of my favorites on the new album along with On the Wrong Side and Power Down.