View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That was 37 years ago. Part of the reason he went with Carl Stubner after Dennis retired is because Carl was a money guy, first, and set Mick up with a financial manager.

“And Mr. Fleetwood is now planning to turn over the bulk of his funds to David Manashe, a friend of Mr. Stubner and a stock broker at Dean Witter Reynolds, a unit of Morgan Stanley, Dean Witter, Discover & Company.”

So, he has someone looking over his money and the child support days are over, with the younger daughters being 22.

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/11/30/b...-tomorrow.html

Whatever bankruptcies that have been reported since were for businesses, not his personal finances. Anything else is him licensing his name.

Plus, his property in Hawaii has to be worth a small fortune.

And let's not forget Mick recently sold his share of FM publishing to Hipgnosis or whomever for a massive lump sum of money. his comment at the time was that getting this lump of cash now would allow him to do a number of things that he otherwise would have had to space out over time (ie as money came in from subsequent FM tours). Let's see how well it works for him having a money manager... I predict in a few years, because he won't keep tabs on his money, he could easily find out he's been swindled out of millions. Then what does he do?? I wouldn't assume he's not still financing the lives of his daughters -- both the younger ones and even the older ones and any grandchildren they may have produced. And god knows how many 'helpers' he has.... he did have one assistant with him when I went to one of his meet and greets several years ago (who kinda creeped me out and frankly didn't seem very bright, but very impressed with himself nonetheless...). And there's no income from the restaurant and gift shop in Maui anymore...