View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
Junior Ledgie

I've always liked "I Do" -- I've listened to it a few hundred times over the years -- but I think it's a safe, easy choice for that article. Reading the summary, it seems the author just followed two steps. 1) Don't bother considering the other three singers/songwriters because they're not Stevie and Lindsey. 2) Pick the Christine song that sounds the most like a Rumours-era track (a choice that was even easier because that was the only single from the album).

It would have been more interesting to me for the author to step outside the box a bit, especially outside Christine's five songs. "Winds of Change" and "Dreaming the Dream" were always my favorite among Billy, Bekka, and Dave songs. Certainly on par with "I Do" in my mind. Solid guitar work, unusually restrained (for her) but resonant vocals from Bekka, great backing vocals on the former, and steady-as-usual work from Mick and John on that one, too.

Since they didn't comment on BTM, I won't either...except to say I'd have loved to have heard the Rumours lineup's take on "Save Me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Your Dreams View Post
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/grea...errible-album/

Fleetwood Mac, "I Do"

No Lindsey Buckingham or Stevie Nicks? No problem! Actually, lots of problems. Thankfully, Christine McVie could still provide a reliably joy-filled chorus