Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Ledgie

Default Red Rover live

Does anyone know what position Lindsey has the capo at for this song?

From what I hear, (I have a good ear), it seems he has it at either the 4th or 6th fret, which means he is actually playing in either the key of D or C, respectively. However, on my guitar, I can't figure out which it is.

Any help here?
Old 05-11-2004, 08:15 AM

The studio version is in B-flat. It the capo is on the sixth fret, he would be playing the Bb as an E. If he's capoing the fourth fret, then got me. I can't tell what key the live version is in, but I would think it's the same. Although, since he sings it somewhat differently from the studio version, maybe it is a different key. But that's beyond my abilities to figure out without a good, crisp recording. OK, I've been no help at all.

I play it by placing the capo on third and playing the Bb as a G. Of course, I only strum the song...
Old 05-11-2004, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The live version is in F#...sorry I don't know about capos etc, not a guitarist here!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm assuming all the people here who do not like set lists spoilers are getting pretty used to it by now...lol..I guess no-one read the message from the moderator

Chris
Old 05-11-2004, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
I'm assuming all the people here who do not like set lists spoilers are getting pretty used to it by now...lol..I guess no-one read the message from the moderator

Chris
LOL - after the first concert - no one really follows the rules!!!!!!!! But, some do. That is why MANY I know went to the first concert in Madison

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-11-2004, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo
The live version is in F#...sorry I don't know about capos etc, not a guitarist here!

Aaaahh.

[What's this nonsense about messages being too short?]
Old 05-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl

Chris
I was wondering that too, when I saw this thread I thought "uh oh she's gonna get yelled at!"...not that I personally care at all.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
The studio version is in B-flat. It the capo is on the sixth fret, he would be playing the Bb as an E. If he's capoing the fourth fret, then got me. I can't tell what key the live version is in, but I would think it's the same. Although, since he sings it somewhat differently from the studio version, maybe it is a different key. But that's beyond my abilities to figure out without a good, crisp recording. OK, I've been no help at all.

I play it by placing the capo on third and playing the Bb as a G. Of course, I only strum the song...
Are you sure about that? Because it seems really hard to reach the chord shapes that way.

The live version is in F#, otherwise the same. I would assume he's playing in either D or C with a drop D, and then the capo in the respective position (4th or 6th fret), but I'm still unsure.

If anyone goes to another concert, please try to check this out!
Old 05-12-2004, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratist3217
Are you sure about that? Because it seems really hard to reach the chord shapes that way.
If he's playing in F# in concert, the position of the capo in relation to the studio version is irrelevant. He may well be using a capo in the studio version as well, but it would be on a different fret, maybe the first or the third or even the sixth. I dunno.

Like I said, I take a fairly rudimentary approach. I'm very wimpy about Bb. Having to bar a chord that far down the neck is torture for me. I slap the capo on third and just strum the open-chord shapes. When you do that, of course the cadence of the singing has to change. It's hard to do that freaky-deaky spastic vocal when you're just strumming along.

Anyway, once again I'm sure I was not help at all.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Ledgie

Default Okay, what about 'Peacekeeper'...?

Hey, this si my very first post on this thread...

Well, I've been trying to get 'Peacekeeper' to work. So far I've played it in either F#m or Gm. Lindsey plays it with a capo on the 2nd fret, which suggests it's in F#m. Only, that doesn't sound nearly as good as Gm...
And what two notes does he play in the verses? My best suggestion right now is B - A - B - B - A - B, which he does on the G-string...

Thanks...

The Nisse...
Old 05-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nisse
Hey, this si my very first post on this thread...

Well, I've been trying to get 'Peacekeeper' to work. So far I've played it in either F#m or Gm. Lindsey plays it with a capo on the 2nd fret, which suggests it's in F#m. Only, that doesn't sound nearly as good as Gm...
And what two notes does he play in the verses? My best suggestion right now is B - A - B - B - A - B, which he does on the G-string...

Thanks...

The Nisse...
Actually, he plays it with a capo on the 3rd fret, and it's in G minor.

The notes he plays in the verses are G - F - G G - F - G

And on the D (not G) string, that corrsponds to the second fret and zero fret (or open string).

But we're not talking about peacekeeper, we're talking about Red Rover so I can play it the right way!
Old 05-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratist3217
...But we're not talking about peacekeeper, we're talking about Red Rover so I can play it the right way!
Oh, I'm terribly sorry...
Old 05-13-2004, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Over on the LB board we are wondering how many people actually play guitar on that song. Is it just Lindsey or is he accompanied by someone? So anyone who was there- how about that? Infos welcome
Old 05-13-2004, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nisse
Oh, I'm terribly sorry...
Methinks Stratist was kidding. Let us know how Peacekeeper is going. It's a fairly simple riff, but I haven't been able to make it work yet. My thumb refuses to do that bum-ba-bum rhythm while hitting the high notes. Yet, I can do stuff that is consideradly more complicated. Go figure. I'll just keep trying.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Methinks Stratist was kidding. Let us know how Peacekeeper is going. It's a fairly simple riff, but I haven't been able to make it work yet. My thumb refuses to do that bum-ba-bum rhythm while hitting the high notes. Yet, I can do stuff that is consideradly more complicated. Go figure. I'll just keep trying.
Yeah, I know he was... So was I...

But, I'm so sure that he has the capo on the 2nd fret. Besides that, Stratist's way of doing it sounds quite right.
And yeah, it's tough making the thumb playing a rythm, and then doing completely diffent things on the top strings. Same thing in the 'The Chain'...

Thank...