The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default "On With The Show" must be released!

Having seen the band in Toronto a couple of weeks ago, and watching countless clips on YouTube, I believe that this tour must be recorded for a film/audio release.

The band has never sounded better. An official "On With The Show" release would blow "The Dance" far away. I can guarantee that a double live album, even if only released on iTunes, would sell as so many would appreciate a live recording from this tour. A visual release, with say a documentary on this tour, would also allow this moment in time to be remembered long after the band is done touring.

Please, if anyone has contacts with Warners or Live Nation, please let them know that FM fans would so like something official from this tour. If you get the chance to meet Mick before the show, bring it up!

Old 02-17-2015, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
Having seen the band in Toronto a couple of weeks ago, and watching countless clips on YouTube, I believe that this tour must be recorded for a film/audio release.

The band has never sounded better. An official "On With The Show" release would blow "The Dance" far away. I can guarantee that a double live album, even if only released on iTunes, would sell as so many would appreciate a live recording from this tour. A visual release, with say a documentary on this tour, would also allow this moment in time to be remembered long after the band is done touring.

Please, if anyone has contacts with Warners or Live Nation, please let them know that FM fans would so like something official from this tour. If you get the chance to meet Mick before the show, bring it up!
I'm very surprised they haven't filmed it by now. Not sure if it will happen at this point. Didn't they film Live in Boston only a few months into the tour?

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 02-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

chances are we will never see it because warner brothers could choose to re-release all their classic videos and live concerts much like other bands are doing such as rush but sadly it's just very disrespectful how the record company treats such an iconic band and their history.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:32 PM
Ledgie

At the M&G in San Diego, I asked Mick if they had plans to release a video of the show and he said that it would almost be a criminal offense if they didn't since Christine is back in the band. It sounded like they are planning to record it and release it, but that he'd like it to be in a beautiful setting such as Italy. Let's hope they really follow through and that it's not just talk.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There was one point in Rosemont where Lindsey was speaking (BL intro maybe?) and said "Hi Joe. Joe's here." No clue who Joe is, but Stevie later mentioned someone named Joe taking pictures of them or filming them. Same Joe perhaps?
Old 02-17-2015, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why would we want to see the exact same show as the Dance? They sound great but some of the vocals? Christine can no longer hit the high notes on You Make loving fun, Lindsey's voice is rough at times etc... What they should release is a freaking new studio album. We have seen and heard these live songs done to death.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 02-17-2015 at 11:16 PM..
Old 02-18-2015, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
There was one point in Rosemont where Lindsey was speaking (BL intro maybe?) and said "Hi Joe. Joe's here." No clue who Joe is, but Stevie later mentioned someone named Joe taking pictures of them or filming them. Same Joe perhaps?
He's the man who filmed and directed one of Stevie's more recent DVD of a live show.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
Joe Thomas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Thomas_(producer) produced "Live In Chicago"
Old 02-18-2015, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nh View Post
chances are we will never see it because warner brothers could choose to re-release all their classic videos and live concerts much like other bands are doing such as rush but sadly it's just very disrespectful how the record company treats such an iconic band and their history.
Warner has, in my opinion, has been very stingy with regard to Fleetwood Mac product, except a rehash of the same material. (The live songs from 1977, featured on the recent deluxe version Rumours was a surprise, but it was just 12 song caveat -- why not the whole show? )

What would be the incentive for holding back a product release of the their current tour? It's the most relevant thing they've done. I don't think Warners, from a business standpoint, has any interests in harvesting vintage back stock for the sake of appeasing die-hard fans. The best thing that could happened is that a niche publishing company obtains the rights to some of the material, and release it in a boutique manner.

Neil Young, in the last few years, has released CDs of several show he performed in the early seventies. No huge promotion surrounding them; but geared for his devoted fans. Granted, Neil Young likely has more ownership and autonomy to make his own decisions. Fleetwood Mac doesn't have that control, nor do they have much interest in doing such things.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 02-18-2015 at 11:57 PM..