Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Ledgie

Default Classic Rock Roll Of Honour 2008

Fleetwood Mac’s Peter Green picked up Classic Songwriter (sponsored by Guitar Hero) from Gary Moore. http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/p...roll_of_honour

Old 11-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmuseum View Post
Fleetwood Mac’s Peter Green picked up Classic Songwriter (sponsored by Guitar Hero) from Gary Moore. http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/p...roll_of_honour

Thanks for posting, Popmuseum!

PG needs all the rewards he can get! Great to see he looks so well and happy.

Ms Moose
Old 11-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Great to see he looks so well and happy.
It is a pleasure to see Peter in good shape :-)

Krzysztof
Old 11-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowk View Post
It is a pleasure to see Peter in good shape :-)

Krzysztof
he does look great. better than gary in this photo!

but god bless gm for sponsoring. he's been a loyal friend to peter for a very long time. zero reaches for 'blues for greeny' and hits play....
Old 11-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a write up about it:

http://www4.u.tv/news/GenEntertainme...&sel=3&local=1

Prince of Darkness Ozzy Osbourne has been named a living legend at the Marshall Classic Rock Roll of Honour awards.

The Black Sabbath frontman, who has also enjoyed solo success, was handed the award by guitar legend Slash at the gathering of rock glitterati in London.

Past recipients include Alice Cooper, Lemmy and Jimmy Page.

Slash, the former Guns N` Roses guitarist, received the Marshall ‘11’ award "for his services to balls-out guns-blazing rock n` roll."

Led Zeppelin won event of the year prize for their return to the live circuit last December for their one-off London 02 show and album of the year went to Whitesnake for Good To Be Bad.

The event also celebrated the 10th anniversary of Classic Rock magazine.

Editor-in-chief Scott Rowley said: "Ten years ago people said a magazine like Classic Rock couldn`t last.”

"Ozzy`s a household name and bands like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Metallica and Guns N` Roses are getting more headlines and front covers than ever, breaking box office records and topping the charts.”

"The Roll Of Honour is a celebration of rock music as the most vital and vibrant genre of music."

Dave Grohl sent in an acceptance speech thanking Classic Rock readers after Foo Fighters were named band of the year.

Kiss`s guitarist Paul Stanley received the showman award.

Australian rockers Airbourne picked up best new band, while their rock influences AC/DC, won DVD of the year for Plug Me In.

Metallica, who have announced a UK and European tour, won the gong for re-issue of the year for their first three albums.

The award was picked up by the producer of Kill `Em All, Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets, Flemming Rassmussen.

Jeff Beck was honoured for outstanding contribution and Fleetwood Mac`s Peter Green picked up classic songwriter.

Sharon Osbourne presented the Armand de Brignac VIP award to music promoter Harvey Goldsmith.

Wayne Kramer from MC5 was named metal guru and Jack Bruce picked up classic album for Cream`s Disraeli Gears.

Pink Floyd`s Syd Barrett was posthumously awarded the Tommy Vance inspiration award, collected by his sister Rosemary.

The Classic Rock Childline award went to Canadian rocker Bryan Adams.

Awards were voted for by fans as well as a magazine panel.

Osbourne joked about his award saying: "I hope I don`t die on the way home."

Wearing a black velvet jacket and round purple-tinted glasses he was asked what the secret of his marriage was and replied: "Get a good crash helmet!"
Old 11-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do you think Gary Moore ever gave Peter Green his proper share from the sale of THE '59 Les Paul? I'd say at least half of the value came from Green, the other came from the unique flipped magnet, and the year model.

Since Moore wouldn't let Green own it again, it's the least he could've done.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
Do you think Gary Moore ever gave Peter Green his proper share from the sale of THE '59 Les Paul? I'd say at least half of the value came from Green, the other came from the unique flipped magnet, and the year model.

Since Moore wouldn't let Green own it again, it's the least he could've done.
agreed that pete deserves it. but i doubt gary offered - i think he sold it because he needed money. and i'm pretty certain that peter would have refused any money had it been offered. zero
Old 11-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Peter, at least during his tenure with the PGSG, didn't have too many nice things to say about Les Pauls in general, saying they weren't very good blues guitars and that he preferred Fender Strats at the time.

I was kind of suprised to see him playing an Epiphone Les Paul on "Albatross" in that recent video
Old 11-11-2008, 05:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Peter the pixie

I am sure Peter will say just about anything if the question is asked just right. Peter did complain about his Les Paul being too chunky in the neck. He did however really like Eric Clapton's guitar. Depending on the the Les Paul, the model , the year, the neck the whatever. you will never get two guitars that feel weigh, play or look the same. If you saw the trailer that came with the last documentary made about Peter where he showed a few of the guitars he owns, a gibson j50 was one of his favorites and he had this wry smile like he was caught with something forbidden. 8^). I would bet anything that the real story is that there was just so much "baggage" attached to him in reference to that guitar and who he was when he was at the top of his playing, that he would rather just deflect the story to not liking Les Pauls.
Now him and the Gibson company is another story. I hope one day Gibson revisits their attempt of honoring Peter. The first one was sad and funny.

doodyhead

PS; Gary Moore needed the money to pay for serious non covered wrist surgury. I hope that worked out for him.