Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Games

Well Super Mario Brothers and Sonic the Hedgehog were the main video games.
Outside mostly frisbee, dodgeball, tetherball, grab ball (velcro mits), skateboarding, army/spy, and Pickle (not sure how it explain, like running bases kinda)
Boardgames:
Monopoly, Sorry, Clue, Labrynith, Enchanted Forrest, Stretego, Cards, Battleship.

And of course the usual TV, Music (LOTS of MTV and VH1), and other typical stuff, Computers had just come out so Oregon Trail and Carmen Sandiego were about it...
"May the Force be with you..."~Star Wars
Old 07-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Sorry, my money was on Samantha. Jeannie's voice bugged me.

- Jake
Haha well that "Oh my stars!" Really bugged the crap outta me...seriously who else says that? lol Althought the first Darren was kinda hot heh, the other one...

If Stevie were singing in the forest, and nobody heard her...would she still rule?

My Fleetwood Mac Photoalbum
Old 07-04-2004, 01:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretaRhiannon
Haha well that "Oh my stars!" Really bugged the crap outta me...seriously who else says that? lol Althought the first Darren was kinda hot heh, the other one...
I don't recognize that line. I never really watched much of either show.

- Jake
Old 07-04-2004, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadegypsy
Well Super Mario Brothers and Sonic the Hedgehog were the main video games.
Outside mostly frisbee, dodgeball, tetherball, grab ball (velcro mits), skateboarding, army/spy, and Pickle (not sure how it explain, like running bases kinda)
Boardgames:
Monopoly, Sorry, Clue, Labrynith, Enchanted Forrest, Stretego, Cards, Battleship.

And of course the usual TV, Music (LOTS of MTV and VH1), and other typical stuff, Computers had just come out so Oregon Trail and Carmen Sandiego were about it...
You know, I think I've played Clue & Battleship once each, but never Stratego.
My brother did the skateboard thing, but I never got into it.
And what were your dodgeball rules?

- Jake
Old 07-04-2004, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jake-

I think the doge ball rules were of the typical type: circle with a ring of ppl outside and then ppl inside, the ppl outside had rubber balls that they tried to hit the ppl inside with, they had to hit them below the waist, then they switched in and the other person switched out. There was also the version where you throw the ball against a wall and then had to avoid getting hit as it bounce off, don't remember this being called dodge ball though.

Oh about the skateboarding, my version was usually to sit on one and ride it down a hill, not very intelligent, but I remember clibing on the roof and jumping off as well...

Also can't believe I forgot 2 square and 4 square...
"May the Force be with you..."~Star Wars
Old 07-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadegypsy
Jake-

I think the doge ball rules were of the typical type: circle with a ring of ppl outside and then ppl inside, the ppl outside had rubber balls that they tried to hit the ppl inside with, they had to hit them below the waist, then they switched in and the other person switched out. There was also the version where you throw the ball against a wall and then had to avoid getting hit as it bounce off, don't remember this being called dodge ball though.

Oh about the skateboarding, my version was usually to sit on one and ride it down a hill, not very intelligent, but I remember clibing on the roof and jumping off as well...

Also can't believe I forgot 2 square and 4 square...
Good, you played dodgeball the right way, in a circle.

I've never played the square thing.

- Jake
Old 07-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I HATE Dodgeball....mostly because there's this little known law of physics...it states that if there is something flying through the air near Deanna G. it WILL hit her in the head or face....

I hated dodgeball, mostly because I was so bad at it...and I've had a fear of games with balls since I was 6 and my two front teeth got knocked out in tee-ball and this chick threw a ball at me without, ya know, telling me...and I got it right in the mouth....lots of blood....it was gross...

Anyway, I forgot...when I was in elementary school Chinese Jumprope became a big rage....it was fun....we all had a Chinese Jumprope...
Old 07-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
I don't recognize that line. I never really watched much of either show.

- Jake
Haha you're lucky then.

If Stevie were singing in the forest, and nobody heard her...would she still rule?

My Fleetwood Mac Photoalbum