Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-04-2004, 09:27 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up solo on the live version of "Come"...Live in Boston

So what do you guys think of this solo from the Live in Boston DVD? This is one of the better ones I've seen Lindsey pull off. Especially the first minute or so of it. I whipped out my guitar and easily learned it in about 5 minutes, but there's something about seeing Lindsey do it! I especially love his use of the "stroke" quickly up and down the neck; nothing but blatant innuendo there!
Old 07-04-2004, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lol!!

Yeah, the "stroke" move is quite obvious. Heh. I think it's fantastic, but I say that about every solo, since I can't play guitar that well...or at all, really. LOL!! *Seteca and madformac whisper, "Well, practice more, you dip!!"*

Speaking of solos, ISA made me look like this when I first saw it. Which is how I looked when I saw the Dance video for the first time as well.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847

Speaking of solos, ISA made me look like this when I first saw it. Which is how I looked when I saw the Dance video for the first time as well.
I too love "the stroke", no matter when it pops up (it's not only a "Come thing" in relation to just that song...he does it during ISA too), and I never tire of that scorching ISA solo. It also caused me the look, Christy, when I first saw The Dance. When I see him do it live I feel lightheaded! (With good ol' Mick and John rippin' behind him!) I felt like he jammed on it even longer the other night than he did last year, and I wouldn't have cared if it went on for an hour!
Old 07-05-2004, 10:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour
I too love "the stroke", no matter when it pops up (it's not only a "Come thing" in relation to just that song...he does it during ISA too), and I never tire of that scorching ISA solo. It also caused me the look, Christy, when I first saw The Dance. When I see him do it live I feel lightheaded! (With good ol' Mick and John rippin' behind him!) I felt like he jammed on it even longer the other night than he did last year, and I wouldn't have cared if it went on for an hour!
He also does it on GYOW, in fact, I have a video clip of him doing it.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Personally, I love the "Come" solo. He just blows it out of the water in concert, in comparison to the album version. Therefore, I think the Live in Boston version is terrific. But, I will have to agree with EveryHour on the fact that on this leg of the tour, Lindsey rocked out on it even longer than he did on the first leg of the tour. Therefore, a copy of this leg's version might be even better than the Live in Boston version. Just a thought.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 07-07-2004, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Along with the stroke, I LOVE the end part of the solo when he hits that high note...and keeps hitting it...and keeps hitting it...like he's just, well, umm... *insert song title here*

HOT!

Paula
Old 07-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Along with the stroke, I LOVE the end part of the solo when he hits that high note...and keeps hitting it...and keeps hitting it...like he's just, well, umm... *insert song title here*

HOT!

Paula
OH YEAH Paula! And in that regard, ISA is even HOTTER!

Old 07-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Junior Ledgie

Saw them live in Auburn and I thought that I was going to lose my mind when LB hit the solo.

I LOVED it.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Ah...

the live version of "Come" from LIB is one of the two best guitar moments I have seen this past couple of months on DVD, The other is Steve Vai's "Bad Horsie" from the "Live At the Astoria London" DVD.

Though both Linds' & lil Stevie Vai may be at the opposite ends of the world of guitar, Both entertain the hell outta the crowds with their theatrics (And both seem to enjoy "Stroking" the neck, Of their...guitars, Heads outta the gutter ok?)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-10-2004, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is such an AMAZING solo, I like it even better then the ISA solo which is still great, but The Come solo is better but ISA is longer.

He Will Burn You Down