The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:02 PM
joe

i tried looking for the rolling stone review online but to no avail.

does anyone have it? the last time i saw it was like 1986 at my high school library via the reader's guide to periodical (-?) literature! this was WAY before the internet folks! i also remember finding an article around the rumours tour and i had to "order" the microfilm from the librarian! it was regarding someone stealing stevie's "Landslide" cape. This would've been early in the 1977 tour.

Microfilm, Microfiche, those were the days! And, not the days I'd want to return to!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 10:07 PM
joe

i actually have issues with these 1978 versions of Sisters...The song just seems to be scattered and very unstructured. Stevie's vocal is all over the place. And Christine's backing seems unnecessary and out of place. I'm pretty partial to the 1979 versions so I'm biased. But, still cool to hear...

What's interesting is hearing Lindsey sing the verse "Some call her sister of the moon..." and then repeat that again in 1982.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
i tried looking for the rolling stone review online but to no avail.

does anyone have it? the last time i saw it was like 1986 at my high school library via the reader's guide to periodical (-?) literature! this was WAY before the internet folks! i also remember finding an article around the rumours tour and i had to "order" the microfilm from the librarian! it was regarding someone stealing stevie's "Landslide" cape. This would've been early in the 1977 tour.

Microfilm, Microfiche, those were the days! And, not the days I'd want to return to!!!

LOL! I would spend hours at the library looking through past issues of Rolling Stone for FM mentions ... then a few weeks later I would go back and read them again.

The vocals do sound a bit scattered but I love it anyway.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i actually have issues with these 1978 versions of Sisters...The song just seems to be scattered and very unstructured. Stevie's vocal is all over the place. And Christine's backing seems unnecessary and out of place. I'm pretty partial to the 1979 versions so I'm biased. But, still cool to hear...

What's interesting is hearing Lindsey sing the verse "Some call her sister of the moon..." and then repeat that again in 1982.
I agree on all counts.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i actually have issues with these 1978 versions of Sisters...The song just seems to be scattered and very unstructured. Stevie's vocal is all over the place. And Christine's backing seems unnecessary and out of place. I'm pretty partial to the 1979 versions so I'm biased. But, still cool to hear....
Ofcourse you're biased...we all are. But try to listen to it as a first attempt. - a very cool version, yet to be devellopped. I love those sketches... just like the early GYOW's we know. not as good as it turned out later, but raw and honest and straight from the heart. The core of the song is there. and it's GOOOOOOD!

Old 07-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's a very rare event (almost never) that Fleetwood Mac performed a new song before it was released. Kudos to them for taking the chance, something they rarely do now.

I remember when the Mirage video came out, reviewers loved to harp of the fact that Lindsey sang a verse of Sisters of the Moon. Instead of realizing that perhaps they decided to do something different (from the album version), they interpreted as if Stevie being too exhausted to sing the verse...ignoring the fact that she belted out the rest of the song after that verse.