User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I believe Chris's fromer husband, Eddie Quintela (sp?) is Portuguese.
That's true. However, I'd be surprised if she still has a home in Portugal at this time.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
That's true. However, I'd be surprised if she still has a home in Portugal at this time.
I wouldn't be surprised if she used to have a villa in Portugal but I too would be surprised if she still has. Maybe Eddy got it as part of the divorce settlement

Gail
Old 08-31-2007, 06:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

Well apparently she does have a villa in the Algarve still and spends time there - a friend of a friend looks after her pool!!!!

It's so easy for Brits to fly to Portugal - she along with Cliff Richard who spends most of his time there now and other famous people.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:01 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
Well apparently she does have a villa in the Algarve still and spends time there - a friend of a friend looks after her pool!!!!

It's so easy for Brits to fly to Portugal - she along with Cliff Richard who spends most of his time there now and other famous people.
Tell this friend to get some damn pictures!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is very interesting. I wonder if Eddy still spends time in his home country. The last I heard he had become a U.S. citizen & maybe lived in California. Any more info or pictures would be appreciated.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is very interesting. I wonder if Eddy still spends time in his home country. The last I heard he had become a U.S. citizen & maybe lived in California. Any more info or pictures would be appreciated.
Doesn't his family come from around Lisbon? Perhaps she feels safe in the Algarve knowing that she probably wont see any of them. (Unless of course they have property there as well)

Gail
Old 09-01-2007, 05:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Doesn't his family come from around Lisbon? Perhaps she feels safe in the Algarve knowing that she probably wont see any of them. (Unless of course they have property there as well)

Gail
I'm not sure where in Portugal his family is from. What about Estoril? She did write a song about it. She obviously spent alot of time in Portugal when they were married. Maybe she just really likes the country.

I wonder if she just recently bought this property. I didn't hear anything of this 3 years ago when she did those ITM interviews. The only thing she talked about was her estate in Kent & that fancy, expensive apartment in London.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not sure where in Portugal his family is from. What about Estoril?
It's kind of interesting to think that Eddy's ancestors perhaps experienced the great quake & tsunami in Lisbon in 1755.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

I still say that Estoril is really a low-fat butter substitute.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not sure where in Portugal his family is from. What about Estoril? She did write a song about it. She obviously spent alot of time in Portugal when they were married. Maybe she just really likes the country.

I wonder if she just recently bought this property. I didn't hear anything of this 3 years ago when she did those ITM interviews. The only thing she talked about was her estate in Kent & that fancy, expensive apartment in London.
Estoril is fairly close to Lisbon which is on the Atlantic coast of Portugal whereas the Algarve is on the Mediterranean coast. I've been to the Algarve once a long time ago. I remember it as being very beautiful.

I would have thought that if she has a property there it's because, as you say, she spent time there when she was married to Eddy and still likes the place. Wasn't she in Portugal when she heard about Dennis' death?

Gail
Old 09-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lot's of Brits vacation and have summer holmes in Portugal. It's a lot cheaper than Spain.

Estoril is very near Lisbon as someone mentioned. The Algarve is not too far away from Lisbon either, just a few hours by car. I go to Portugal often and love it.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Wasn't she in Portugal when she heard about Dennis' death?

Gail
Yes, she was. Her secretary called her. Dennis died just before New Years day. She must have been spending the holidays with Eddy & his family at the time.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I thought Christine wasn't keen on flying? Perhaps the short flight to Portugal is bearable for her.

Gail
Old 09-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well I go to The Algarve regularly to visit my brother and sister who live there - you can drive in only two days so maybe that is what she does. I'll have to make some more enquiries about her villa in the Algarve and see what I can find out.