User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I know I'm in the minority but Out Of The Cradle has always been my least favourite Lindsey album. I've never liked the overly polished sound of the production or the fake drums.
Ditto. And don't forget the obnoxious, unnecessary vocal affectations he uses on most of the tracks- most annoyingly & obtrusively on "Turn It On" (which without them, actually wouldn't be half bad)
Old 10-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
I think I want to try and get a few of his solo cd's which is the best one to start with?

So, ~GoldDustWoman~, have you picked up any albums yet??
Old 10-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I know I'm in the minority but Out Of The Cradle has always been my least favourite Lindsey album.
I thought I was the only one who didn't think it was this epic masterpiece. It's a good album but I don't know. Maybe it just didn't live up to all of the hype.

It's funny that there isn't one definitive album everyone can decide to start with. For me, I would probably suggest getting started with Go Insane. My favorites, though, would be Law and Order and Under The Skin.

Oh, and SGCYM has my heart.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHeart69 View Post
Did you get to any UTS or GOS live shows?? I think that hearing some of the songs live and in person kind of drive them home... for me at least. Kind of how a lot of Bruce Springsteen songs work... I can never truly appreciate some until I "see" them.
So um, this is an old ass post, but yes... I saw Lindsey a year ago on the GOS tour. I loved it! I had no problem with GOS, it was UTS that I wasn't a fan of. I almost went to see him on that tour. I agree that he is one of those artists whose music sometimes sounds better in person than on CD.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
So um, this is an old ass post, but yes... I saw Lindsey a year ago on the GOS tour. I loved it! I had no problem with GOS, it was UTS that I wasn't a fan of. I almost went to see him on that tour. I agree that he is one of those artists whose music sometimes sounds better in person than on CD.
I didn't like the UTS cd a lot when I first listened to it, then I saw Lindsey in concert on the UTS tour, and loved all of the songs live. I taped the concert and only listen to that when I want to hear UTS songs, not the disc.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
I didn't like the UTS cd a lot when I first listened to it, then I saw Lindsey in concert on the UTS tour, and loved all of the songs live. I taped the concert and only listen to that when I want to hear UTS songs, not the disc.
I loved the UTS album at the time and thought the tour was wonderful. I did think it was a bit inaccessible to new fans and that Lindsey's vocals could alienate, but for myself, I was giddy about it. I remember when we got the three songs as a preview. I played them so much, over and over. I almost had to undergo methadone treatment to wean myself from a constant rotation of Show You How.

So, UTS certainly had its day in my sun. Now, I just think it pales in comparison to GOS. But if we'd never gotten GOS, my regard for UTS would still be quite strong. Michele
Old 10-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I agree with you, Michele, that UTS pales in comparison to GOS. I must admit, however, that the song, UTS, is one of my favorite Lindsey songs.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
I was actually hoping he'd throw in some UTS songs on the last tour so I'd have a chance to experience them for myself. He did do Shut Us Down, which I wasn't a fan of to begin with, but I don't even remember whether I enjoyed it that night or not.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
I was actually hoping he'd throw in some UTS songs on the last tour so I'd have a chance to experience them for myself. He did do Shut Us Down, which I wasn't a fan of to begin with, but I don't even remember whether I enjoyed it that night or not.
For me, that's the most emotional song Lindsey does live.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
For me, that's the most emotional song Lindsey does live.
What made that song for me was how he gets quieter and smaller until he's practically on the ground and then it builds back up again.