The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2003, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just registered over at Mick's board so I could read their agreement, and just get cozy over there while I read to my heart's content.

The agreement was rather long and lengthy:

Welcome to Mick's Chat! We're sorry to make you read through all this legal stuff, but it is really important and very serious!

IMPORTANT: YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD TO REGISTER AND VIEW THIS AREA OF THE SITE. BY CLICKING SUBMIT YOU AFFIRM THAT YOU ARE 18 OR OLDER.

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. By participating on this forum you agree to abide by all the rules and regulations listed here, and any laws that apply to you based on your country and residence. Violation of the rules of this forum may lead to legal actions taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also not allowed in Mick's Chat.

Note that it is impossible for us to confirm the validity of posts on Mick's Chat. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages and are not responsible for their content. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information presented. The messages express the views of the author, not necessarily the views of Mick's Chat. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator of this forum immediately. We have the rights to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy goes for member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum, its owners, managers, employees and affiliates and any related websites to this forum, and you agree to pay reasonable attorneys' fees for such a defense. We at this Mick's Chat forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any information we have about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any information posted by you.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another member, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another member's account to post messages or browse this forum.

After you register and log into this Mick's Chat forum, you can fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information we deem inaccurate or vulgar will be removed.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from Mick's Chat or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

I CERTIFY I AM 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND THAT I AGREE TO THE RULES SET FORTH ABOVE AND TO THE CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATION OF THESE RULES

==========

Now I notice the rules say stuff about
pyramid schemes ~ I wonder how the Egyptian Jewlery fits into that??

I did notice the Admins posting weekly photos submitted by users like you and me. Funny how they broke their own rule as per the above:

You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material.

They blatantly break that rule by posting photos other people took without their consent or permission. I then posted this response on their "board" (first post, arent you all proud? puullleeaseee)...

========

Not to sound like a thorn, but I was curious re: the weekly photos. When I signed up here, the notice told me:

You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material.

Even though someone submits a photo to the Administrator, it doesnt necessarily mean they were the photo taker or had the permission of the photo taker. Wouldnt that mean you are breaking your own rules?

Just seems funny to me, when Ive seen a lot on this board regarding photos, taking of photos, copyrighting photos... that the Administrators are breaking their own rules. Just my $0.02...

=========

I wonder how long it will take till Im "deemed": false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 05-27-2003, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Yeah, I'm confused too...

I don't understand how one can SELL photos of photos on the net!!!??! I didn't take her negatives or anything from her home for gosh sakes!! I merely saved them and put them up for others to look at. Whoever is "selling" these must be a clever person and has figured out how to make really good photos to print to sell to others.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Im laughing SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Ledgies, didnt take good ol troublemaker ME long to get "banned" from Mick's website. I wonder if my message was deleted too? I was GypsySara over yonder as well.

Funny, cause I wasnt "warned" or anything.

They just must not like me, but likely are spying around here as well.

Help me, please - did I truly and really say something THAT BAD???

Old 05-27-2003, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nevermind... I figured it out. Im "sexually oriented" and THATS what got me banned! LMAO!!!

Old 05-27-2003, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Uno mas comment from me...

Funny how they convientley "ban" you so you cant even find an email address to write said "administrators" to figure out what the hell happened!

Well Im going to log on at home tonight, with my HOME IP address (which wont be "blocked"), to see what their emails are and to ask what the hell they think they are doing banning me for asking one lame question.

What a bunch of asses over there! Seriously!

Bravo to Marty for endorsing FREE SPEECH!

Old 05-27-2003, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Im laughing SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsysara
Well Ledgies, didnt take good ol troublemaker ME long to get "banned" from Mick's website. I wonder if my message was deleted too? I was GypsySara over yonder as well.

Funny, cause I wasnt "warned" or anything.

They just must not like me, but likely are spying around here as well.

Help me, please - did I truly and really say something THAT BAD???
I don't know of them ever warning anyone...just smacking em down, like Knight told them to. Once you are on the proverbial sh*t list, you cannot say anything at all. You could be mean one time and clean your act up, but, if it was something that one of the fearless did not like, even though it does not break the law over there, you are OUT....hahahahaha...ty and goodnite.

The only time that I had any correspondence was when I asked why I was banned, which I discovered later was due only to the glitch in the system, but, I asked the mighty one and that caused him to look into my posts and saw that I was using a pic of him as my avatar and that was it. If I said it was day when it was nite, I was banned...
Old 05-27-2003, 09:36 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
No flames, just some points I thought of I'd like to make about this.

I just don't think that it would be THAT "upsetting" to SN & LB if they were "made aware" of this during the tour as it's often been stated that they have been "through so much already" in the past so this shouldn't be any different than those other times.

Like Vianna said, no one is perfect, but I personally don't think Stevie & Lindsey are as sweet, innocent and angelic as some people may think they are (I don't mean YOU enibs, I just mean the general public or whoever ) For instance, I mean, you (meaning everyone) don't REALLY believe Stevie when she clings on to her "explanations" of why she got in to drugs in the first place of "no one told us it was bad for us" do you? No one ever told me that swallowing broken glass was bad for me either but not being told this didn't make me ever want to do it.

If it was to be that upsetting to them then maybe they shouldn't be in the business, it's like the old expression "if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen". We all have to deal with things that are upsetting to us in our everyday lives while we are trying to concentrate on other things AND we handle it ourselves and don't have "managers" to handle things like this for us so that in itself shouldn't be an issue as stated earlier, they're not children and have to realize that if they're going to be in a BAND then all that comes under it's name INCLUDES them at ALL times in which they are in it, they can't be in it at selected times of convenience.
John
I know I didn't quote your whole post, but I just wanted to respond to a couple of points. I don't think that Stevie and Lindsey are all sweet, innocent and angelic, but I also don't think they had anything to do with hiring JT. I think they left that to Mick, and he picked his "friend and business partner." (It reminds me of the line in Animal House when John Belushi says, "You f*cked up, you trusted me!")

And it's not that I'm so worried about "upsetting" Stevie and Lindsey as much as I'm worried about creating a fight between them and Mick. Even if Stevie and Lindsey knew what was going on, I don't think they could fire JT without Mick's agreement, and I don't see that happening, so it would just create a big fight. Maybe better just to let the government authorities investigate and keep publicizing the problems, but not try to drag Stevie and Lindsey into a fight with Mick in the middle of the tour.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm thinking Lindsey and Stevie have very little choice in the matter right now. As far as McVie goes, he just wants to play bass. Not that it's right or wrong, that's just the way it is. Can you see the respective managers going at it over this in the middle of the tour? Nope, they've got to count the money. I do think it'll come around though.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:13 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsysara
Uno mas comment from me...

Funny how they convientley "ban" you so you cant even find an email address to write said "administrators" to figure out what the hell happened!

Well Im going to log on at home tonight, with my HOME IP address (which wont be "blocked"), to see what their emails are and to ask what the hell they think they are doing banning me for asking one lame question.

What a bunch of asses over there! Seriously!

Bravo to Marty for endorsing FREE SPEECH!
Hi Sara

Did you have to say anything to get banned or did they just ban you because they knew your IP address and that you were banned before? If so, what did you say, and did it get deleted straight away?
I am thinking of logging in and saying something soon. How many people do they have to have banned before they do something about this??!

Old 05-28-2003, 03:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsygem81
Hi Sara

Did you have to say anything to get banned or did they just ban you because they knew your IP address and that you were banned before? If so, what did you say, and did it get deleted straight away?
I am thinking of logging in and saying something soon. How many people do they have to have banned before they do something about this??!
They are clearly reading this thread. That's why Sara was banned. It was a simple question that deserved an answer but to them it was just easier to delete and ban. It really is pathetic... that board is just a big joke really. Oh and Sir Knight.... I'm sure you are reading this.... your day will come. What goes around comes around and you will not get away with screwing the fans.

Pip
Old 05-28-2003, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

BTW.... I know of someone who joined up and didn't even post. She PM'd Jackie and Trinity to ask if they had read this thread. She was promptly banned

Pip
Old 05-28-2003, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by enibs78
I also don't think they had anything to do with hiring JT. I think they left that to Mick, and he picked his "friend and business partner." (It reminds me of the line in Animal House when John Belushi says, "You f*cked up, you trusted me!")
Hi Enibs Just commenting on a few of your comments too:

Well, this may very well be, but what I was saying before about they maybe SHOULD'VE been more involved as to the idea of "if you're going to be in a BAND, you should all get involved as much as the others, no prima donnas" would apply here. I'm not saying BN are PD's, I just mean a band SHOULD be about "equality" whether it be business or pleasure aspects of it, unfortunately FM doesn't seem to operate that way but it may be due more to MF's dictatorial (sp?) handlings of the band more than anything else, eh, who knows though?

Oh BTW, HA! Yeah, "Animal house" is a great flick!

Quote:
Originally posted by enibs78
And it's not that I'm so worried about "upsetting" Stevie and Lindsey as much as I'm worried about creating a fight between them and Mick. Even if Stevie and Lindsey knew what was going on, I don't think they could fire JT without Mick's agreement, and I don't see that happening, so it would just create a big fight. Maybe better just to let the government authorities investigate and keep publicizing the problems, but not try to drag Stevie and Lindsey into a fight with Mick in the middle of the tour.
Well, I'd have to agree with what someone else said earlier about how SN & LB's managers would have just as much clout as Mick's does/may have (maybe even more) and it must be pretty obvious to everyone now that Mick is just kissing SN & LB's asses to get them to stay in the band since he only cares about "commercially successful" FM lineups now, I don't think he'd put up much in the way of a fight if SN & LB's managers were to step in and say "JT needs to be replaced" or "we gotta end the Fan Club", he'd just be a big sheep about it and say "oh sure whatever you guys say, OK, OK" but maybe not, we'll see anyways like you say if the governmental agencies can do anything about all of this first.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 05-29-2003 at 01:32 PM..
Old 05-28-2003, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Just another view . . .

enibs78, you mentioned being worried about Stevie and Lindsey getting angry at Mick if they found out about the club fiasco. wetcamelfood is considering what would be best, the managers taking charge of this mess, or letting the governmental agencies stepping in.

Don't you think Lindsey and Stevie would prefer to hear about this before a governmental agency steps in or before they hear about it on the news, or get asked about it at a press junket?

Would you rather hear about your wife crashing the car from her, or reading about it on the evening news, or having a lawyer come knocking at your door?

Jonathan Todd is probably saying, "Don't worry about anything, Mr. Stubner. I've got it under control. I've banned the 'trouble makers from posting.'" Rather than deal with the issues that have caused the wrath of so many fan club members, he figured he could just "silence them." And sadly, it seems he's incorporated two fans to help join in the alliance. The fans will not be silenced. They would love to silence the fans here, too.

Do they even remember why fans became angry? There was a cause and effect. It didn't just happen.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:23 AM

I'm sure the government agencies that have been working hard at ignoring the Enron, Worldcom, Tyco and Imclone scandals, which resulted in screwing countless people out of millions in investments, can't wait to get their hands on Jonathan Todd.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well Im still laughing pretty hard about Mick's BBS. What a joke. They banned me AND deleted my post. Very convienent of Golddustwoman to do that. Ironically, I notice that GOLDDUSTWOMAN is using a COPYRIGHTED photo as her "AVATAR" - a photo taken by none other than our JOHN KINNEY at the Nicksfix.com. Its on the nicksfix, you can see it if you go to "photos" then at the very end "Photos taken by JK early days" its the upper L corner, first photo. Wonder how they FEEL - HYPOCRITES! Breaking their OWN RULES. Hell, they are HOSTILE to the general public for being such conniving people. Jeezus... Id never ever want a fan board of mine to be run in such a manner (so you all know, you know, when I make it big and Im famous hahaha NOT)...

Gem, I posted what I put on Mick's board in that long post above, its separated by ====='s. I just asked basically werent the admins breaking their own "rules" by posting copyrighted material that wasnt their own / w-out permission. What a load of CRAP that place is!

Ok ~ well have a good day you all!