User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
And yet, 'Tango' went to #1 in England for a second time, on the strength of their tour there. In 1987.
Hmm...funny how that happens eh?
Old 08-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She did lay down vocals for "Book Of Miracles"... the outtake is called "Juliet," and you hate how she sounds on it.
The music is different, though, which leads me to believe that it was worke don further and that the one you're referring to was a rawer demo-y version. But I could be wrong because I haven't listened to BOM in a loooooooooong time. And yes, that vocal is the worst thing I've ever heard. Gimme WISYA any day!

Quote:
The "argument" is that you completely failed to note Stevie's own comments and apology... choosing only to point out that she had a temper tantrum about it.
The words "temper" and "tantrum" never came out of my keyboard. I said she bitched about it, which she did. She may have apologized, but it doesn't negate the fact that she was barely there.

Quote:
I know yours don't, but it's ok, buddy, we love ya anyway.
You need a new keyboard, Le Stew.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
"Tony? HE-LLO. I've got people over here pointing fingers..."

"UGH! LINDSEY! WE ARE NOT!" :slaps thighs:

Whatever. She lost the day. I win. Says me.
Me says you're wrong. Watch it again, my darling.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
That's your take, not Mick's. He was not referring to the seventies. He was referring specifically to the eighties.

- Jake
And I think he's wrong in the context that he was using. The way he said it, it was as if he honestly thought that the album wouldn't sell if they didn't tour. That's just bull, IMO.

The band still likes to use the "we're touring to promote our record" line with the current tour, and we all know that their tour really did nothing for the SYW album sales.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
The music is different, though, which leads me to believe that it was worke don further and that the one you're referring to was a rawer demo-y version. But I could be wrong because I haven't listened to BOM in a loooooooooong time. And yes, that vocal is the worst thing I've ever heard. Gimme WISYA any day!
Someone... was it Joe (downonrodeo)?... once mixed that outtake/demo of "Juliet" and "Book Of Miracles" together. It was obvious that the instrumentation on the "Book Of Miracles" track was pretty much built-up based on that bare-bones "Juliet."
Granted, I'm most sure that Stevie would have re-recorded her vocal for a completed version. But still, if you want to hear "Book Of Miracles" with vocals, that option exists.

Quote:
The words "temper" and "tantrum" never came out of my keyboard. I said she bitched about it, which she did. She may have apologized, but it doesn't negate the fact that she was barely there.
You said she bitched about it, I called that a temper tantrum. That one is simply a matter of semantics.

No matter how you slice it though, you failed to mention that she apologized for that very same bitching incident that you were so quick to bring up.

Quote:
You need a new keyboard, Le Stew.
My keyboard is in perfect condition. Yours, however, has obviously taken to typing nonsense.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But I'll give you that despite SW being the best song, L & C do "OWN" the Tango album. How could they not when Stevie has only three songs?

- Jake
Stevie only had three songs on Mirage and Rumours, too.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Oh Lord, here we go with that old accusation again.
Stevie should not have honored her solo commitments and Stevie should not have gone to Betty Ford to detox from her cocaine addiction, because it limited her time in the studio and she let Fleetwood Mac down!

And then on the other side of the coin, Stevie should not have honored her committment to Fleetwood Mac either, and shouldn't have hampered Lindsey & Christine so badly.

How could she?!

Yet another "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation because you can never please everyone.

When all is said and done, the fact that Stevie only has three songs on the album isn't that big of a deal anyway. She had three on 'Fleetwood Mac' (though only two lead vocals), three on 'Rumours,' five on 'Tusk' (because it was a double album), and three on 'Mirage.'
She wouldn't have had any additional songs on 'Tango,' whether she had been there every single day or not.

And, in my esteemed opinion (), her material on 'Tango' is just fine, thank you. Thematically, "Welcome To The Room... Sara" is definitely out of place, and would have fit a solo album better. But "Seven Wonders" and "When I See You Again" are right up there with the best songs on the album (and are certainly better than "Mystified," "Family Man" and "You And I, Part 2").
Amen, brother!
Amber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And yet, 'Tango' went to #1 in England for a second time, on the strength of their tour there. In 1987.
Don't forget that the album had also been on the UK charts for a year (save two weeks) before they even played their first UK date.

And, just to stir the pot, Family Man charted better as single than Seven Wonders in the UK.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Someone... was it Joe (downonrodeo)?... once mixed that outtake/demo of "Juliet" and "Book Of Miracles" together. It was obvious that the instrumentation on the "Book Of Miracles" track was pretty much built-up based on that bare-bones "Juliet."
Granted, I'm most sure that Stevie would have re-recorded her vocal for a completed version. But still, if you want to hear "Book Of Miracles" with vocals, that option exists.
Before anyone argues to the contrary, I'm going to qualify my statement.

I was not implying that LB took the "Juliet" demo/outtake, and built instrumentation and overdubs over top of it literally.
I'm only saying that it's obvious that the outtake was being worked production-wise to fit the album's style and sound, and that, in its essence, "Book Of Miracles" is "Juliet" without vocals.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You said she bitched about it, I called that a temper tantrum. That one is simply a matter of semantics.
Yes, it is. But bitching does not equal a temper tantrum.

Quote:
No matter how you slice it though, you failed to mention that she apologized for that very same bitching incident that you were so quick to bring up.
Again, her apology still does not negate the fact that she was barely there.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your comments were that you hadn't exaggerated when you had.

Stevie definitely helped sell that album. She was the one who toured behind it. And as I recall, the concert reviews loved her.

- Jake

As hard as it is, I gotta agree with Dissention here. I think Stevie had a small part in the success of that album, but Tango is Lindsey and Christine's baby. Seven Wonders is pretty good, but a) she didn't write it b) her vocals are pretty weak and c) it charted lower than Big Love, Little Lies, and Everywhere. And that was her best song on the album. I love Stevie, but the Tango period was just not her best.

Last edited by GypsySorcerer; 08-03-2004 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: Don't know my ABCs!
Old 08-03-2004, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
As hard as it is, I gotta agree with Dissention here. I think Stevie had a small part in the success of that album, but Tango is Lindsey and Christine's baby. Seven Wonders is pretty good, but a) she didn't write it c) her vocals are pretty weak and c) it charted lower than Big Love, Little Lies, and Everywhere. And that was her best song on the album. I love Stevie, but the Tango period was just not her best.
You've crossed over...to the dark side!

As cold as it is, it's really quite welcoming, wouldn't you say?

Old 08-03-2004, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Don't forget that the album had also been on the UK charts for a year (save two weeks) before they even played their first UK date.

And, just to stir the pot, Family Man charted better as single than Seven Wonders in the UK.
I didn't forget anything... I noted that it was the second time the album went to #1.
But that second time at #1 was, by all accounts, due to their tour there.
So obviously, even as late as 1987/88, touring had an impact on album sales.

And yes, "Family Man" did do better in England than "Seven Wonders" did... but England also gave the Spice Girls several massive hit singles, so....
Old 08-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!
Default Round 3

You and I Part 2. And I can't believe what you people are saying about Seven Wonders. I fell in love with just that song, and while I now like a bunch of others on the album, I'm still in love with just that one...
Amber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And yes, "Family Man" did do better in England than "Seven Wonders" did... but England also gave the Spice Girls several massive hit singles, so....
They also gave us David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Eric Clapton, and a slew of others.