User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinLine
As for my being perceived as a troublemaker, I really don't care.
We're all beautiful people, each of us embalming himself in a voluptuous misprision of the Grand Narrative that is Fleetwood Mac!
Old 08-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Seeing that I'm the one who actually lives inside my head, just give me the benefit of the doubt and assume that I'm much more familiar with my own intentions than you are.
Hmmmm Dissention, this seems awfully similar to what you said to me in the Tusk Survivor thread I remeber it was don't ASSUME

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
Your attitude with Johnny Stew was pretty strident on the conversation about Burnish. Frankly I commend him for keeping his cool...
I commend him for his cool and admitting he made a mistake on the issue I was upset about, and standing up and saying so
Old 08-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinLine
I commend him for his cool and admitting he made a mistake on the issue I was upset about, and standing up and saying so
Indeed, Johnny handled a difficult situation very well.

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 08-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Somewhere, deep in the bowels of the Earth, sits CarneVaca... swirling his hands around some scrying pool of bubbling clairvoyant muck, chuckling with a throaty, devilish laugh.....

Eh, whatever. Too much drama.

This thread was started half-shock value / half-true disgust and lured so many into it, including myself. I love a good scrap.

Drugs are bad for some, but not for all. Prescription drugs can be scary (I know from first hand experience), but some can handle them without problems.

I thought the "Zep Shark" thread was a little freaky, and I was scared for Lux as I have been down that same Valium induced freeeek out myself. In the end, I can't judge anyone for what they do. Once I knew the score on that thread, I could have easily not ever read it again- same for everyone else, mainly because it seemed to be a dialogue between a few friends. An extended and slightly "wasteful" thread- but no more so than a thread arguing about whether or not "When I See You Again" is a masterpiece or drivel. At least the thread was in the "Chit Chat" forum, which is where this one should be!

I think there were parts of ThinLine's posts that were valid- I think most of Dissention's posts were valid, although I disagree with all that drug user judgement. But, to each his/her own I always say. Janet was sweet and Johnny Stew was just trying to keep the peace and make this a nice place for everyone. The only thing missing was Jake/darklinensuit with a completely askew, non-sequitur post to disarm the whole thing.

Oh well, I ramble... I enjoy these kinds of threads. I think they are HIGHLY entertaining.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I remeber it was don't ASSUME
I didn't say it, HomerMcVie did.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Oh f*ck the christian element. Fine, call them good taoist values, whatever. Her story about her father wasn't particularly relevant to me, so please use this as another reason to attack me.

Seeing that I'm the one who actually lives inside my head, just give me the benefit of the doubt and assume that I'm much more familiar with my own intentions than you are.
Get help, dude.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Another highly irrelevant interjection from dissention! If you would like to execute this attempt at asserting superiority, atleast say something remotely relevant.
Get help, dude.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, dude. Get help.

Some would say we all need help. Attacking eachother from all corners of the world on a Fleetwood Mac forum, telling someone you only know as a Jimmy Page icon and a few random postings to "get help", and generally being superior because it's so easy when it's only a combination of words (or paragraphs in this case) and not a real person.

Lux may or may not need help. Let's let her decide.

Get off your superiority complex, dude.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower

The only thing missing was Jake/darklinensuit with a completely askew, non-sequitur post to disarm the whole thing.

I enjoy these kinds of threads. I think they are HIGHLY entertaining.
Yes, I always enjoy his posts, too. Ditto on the thread. I've lurked forever and I don't post often, but I admit I enjoy getting into the mix now and then when there's something interesting going on. I think some of us have been fans too long to get much mileage out of Stevie's latest shawl change.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, I thought this "dialogue" was over yesterday...how wrong I was...I don't really get involved in this one but is it all necessary, wouldn't a nice PM to Johnny Stew or Neil have helped solve this whole situation int he first place

Tynan
Old 08-27-2004, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThatFunny
It does look like you are harping, and it does look like you don't know when to stop. You seem to want to perpetuate this fight, bringing up the same things again and again after some of these issues have been put to rest. You seem to want the last word and you're going to keep posting until this thing really gets out of control and the moderators have to come in and lock the thread. Why don't you take a deep breath, forget about all this and go make a positive contribution to other threads?

Funny, I recall reading that you were through with this thread on page 9
Old 08-28-2004, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Wow, you've been here, what, two, three days, and you already know me!!?

That's wonderful, but so what?

I am perfectly happy where I am. And, really, I'm not sure why it should matter to you so much where I post.

This is utter nonsense. I told him "how to design and run his site?" I'd like you to quote back to me where I said that. You can't because I never said it. For someone who claims you know me so well, it's weird that you missed the humor in my post, what with the references to Mickey Mouse and all. The people around here who have grown accustomed to my style of posting probably got that.

This is Carnes Answer to everything. "It was a joke= You failed to see my humor "or the other famous quote is "I'd like for you to go back and quote me where I said that". Example, ok he may have not said in exact words " how to design or run his site" so no Carne you didnt use such words, but telling the moderater you want such "sticky posts, etc.. to be place somewhere else because you dont like where he put them, or you want answers NOW as to why a post was locked or deleted, that equals, you dont like the way he runs his site, or the way he conducts his website. And yes its all very plain there in black and white that that is what was meant. So you asking for Quotes, or stating it was meant as a joke, is a just a lousy excuse for your rude behaviour against the owner of this website. AS for people here knowing the nature of your posts, I think we all know your Nature and their intents, but they are not posted as you stated them to be "out of humor" , and everyone knows that. ITs purely for the sake of starting controversy. The only thing people find funny about your posts, is how you have so much time to make a mountain out of a mole hill. This is a bulletin board owned privately, its simple, if you dont like the rules, then you dont have to participate . If you have questions, be respectful when asking. You get more with honey than with sour grapes. But its clear that you like the sour grapes better. If these rules get you so upset, and i remind you , its only a bulletin board, then I suggest, you should use all this vented up energy for something more worth while.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Evidently you don't have to. You've done enough apologizing already.

And if you didn't delete the thread, are we to understand some other moderator did it, and then you went to the trouble of posting about it, locking the thread with your post so you could get the last word, then posting again while everybody else still couldn't? Why go through so much trouble to finish someone else's job?

"the Last Word and Why go thru so much trouble"
Now this I find Funny carne.

Johnny Stew, keep up the good work.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And you do not have a say in how I choose to criticise the site or make any other comments, for that matter. If you don't like it, move on to another post. It's that simple.

If you dont want your posts criticized, then change the tone of your posts. If your posts are meant to be funny, then why isnt anyone laughing at them, they are only laughing at you. You know first hand your posts dont start out as a joke, its only when you get in hot water, that you use that as an excuse. If you were kidding, you wouldnt reply to others in an angry tone for so long before saying , you failed to miss the humor.