User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
In the current situation, I'd much rather have more solo Stevie, too. So I'm with you there. However, like I've said, if they can get Christine back to record with them, then I'm completely down for a new Fleetwood Mac album.

I'm to the point where those are the only two scenarios I'd be really excited about. Anything else just doesn't have the same appeal.
Yes, a new FM record with Christine would be amazing. We don't need another SYW Part 2.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To be on a fact given side, if Stevie's main goal is to sell albums, then a Mac album is what she should do;

SAY YOU WILL - ALBUM
Billboard 200 - #3
UK Albums - #6
Ireland - #6
New Zealand - #7
Canada - #8
Sweden - #8
Germany - #10

PEACEKEEPER
US Adult Contemporary - #10
US Adult Top 40 - #16
Billboard Hot 100 - #80

SAY YOU WILL
US Adult Contemporary - #17
US Adult Top 40 - #21

IN YOUR DREAMS
Billboard 200 - #6
UK Albums - #14
New Zealand - #35
Canada - #22
Sweden - #39

SECRET LOVE
US Adult Contemporary - #20
US Adult Top 40 - N/A
Billboard Hot 100 - N/A

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH
US Adult Contemporary - #25
US Adult Top 40 - N/A

Given that times has changed drastically since then in the industry, 'Fleetwood Mac' is more likely to get radio play than solo Stevie Nicks at this point. I hate saying that cause I adore Stevie's solo work, but she sorta has to face that fact. She should make music just for the artistic merit of making it for the hell of it like most of her generation for Mac fans and solo fans alike, but I highly doubt Stevie will ever think or act that way unfortunately.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default please re-name Rumours forum

to BASH Stevie Nicks forum.
this is tiresome. As a Stevie fan (Mac secondarily), i am annoyed by the divide among the fans. Wait and see what will happen. If someone kicked and ridiculed you on stage, mocked your talent, and then tried to abuse you physically, hoe EAGER would you be to work again with said-person? She' touring with them . Let her enjoy her life, as she chooses to live it... SHEESH........
Old 02-20-2013, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
this is tiresome. As a Stevie fan (Mac secondarily), i am annoyed by the divide among the fans. Wait and see what will happen.
How weird? Stevie makes comments about FM's recording future to the media, and we react. The nerve of us Fleetwood Mac fans for forgetting that Stevie has a unicorn and sh*ts rainbows.

Quote:
If someone kicked and ridiculed you on stage, mocked your talent, and then tried to abuse you physically, hoe EAGER would you be to work again with said-person?
WTF are you talking about? From 1991-2002, she's the one who put him on this pedastal of being the grand interpreter of her material. At the Oakland, 1990 show, she dedicated Landslide to him and said she hoped he could find it in his heart to work with her again, someday. So she got over it (hint, hint). She built him up, didn't like where it went in 2003, and has been whining about it since.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-20-2013, 05:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
If someone kicked and ridiculed you on stage, mocked your talent, and then tried to abuse you physically, hoe EAGER would you be to work again with said-person? She' touring with them . Let her enjoy her life, as she chooses to live it... SHEESH........
Ugh.

Typical Stevie fan comment. All this is in the past, and they still survived as a band. Lindsey's relationship with Stevie at this stage is better than it has been in years, maybe better than it ever has been.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this whole thread should be blown away, deleted, destroyed, and forgotten. It is not helping. Anything.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 AM

No wonder Christine got the hell out of there!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-20-2013 at 10:02 AM..
Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
this is tiresome. As a Stevie fan (Mac secondarily), i am annoyed by the divide among the fans. Wait and see what will happen. If someone kicked and ridiculed you on stage, mocked your talent, and then tried to abuse you physically, hoe EAGER would you be to work again with said-person? She' touring with them . Let her enjoy her life, as she chooses to live it... SHEESH........
So it's ok to bash Lindsey though? You aren't doing anything here but making it worse.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
I think this whole thread should be blown away, deleted, destroyed, and forgotten. It is not helping. Anything.
Not sure what is this thread supposed to help with but this statement seems kinda disrespectful to numerous people who expressed their thoughts here.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
So it's ok to bash Lindsey though? You aren't doing anything here but making it worse.
Lol. But of course it is! Just check numerous other threads and you will learn. Bashing him is called objective, fair and balanced.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
I'm no psychoanalyst but it smells of insecurity.
Nail head = HIT!

IMO, Stevie is terrified of releasing something that people won't adore and won't reach masses of people. I don't know why. She never used to be. I think this is something that has developed inside her since the rough period of the early 90's, and she's played it safe ever since.

She doesn't seem to give herself enough credit. Ok, she's not a musician or a producer, but she can still write some kick a$$ songs and her voice, though different, is still fantastic. But she continues to play it safe in every way - what she says in the press, the music, her live set...everything.

Come on Stevie, snap of it!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
Since the thread has kept all the critiquing to the band thus far, it will stay open. It's only when threads hopelessly fall into personal attacks & name calling (against board members... the band itself is fair game) that we will lock them. So far all the points raised in this thread have been valid & provacative. If this thread were to be locked now, people would be (rightfully) upset about heavy handed moderation.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie does not like working with Lindsey and the boys for prolonged periods (studio time + tour). I think she does not like Lindsey's aesthetic and does not like being in a situation where she is not in charge. That's my theory.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry if this has been said, but Fleetwood Mac already has a world tour scheduled. We already know that Stevie doesn't really seem to love these tours. It could be that she feels an album will obligate her to tour *more* dates, or even worse, a whole separate tour after album release.

Perhaps that is the basis of her reluctance.

Frankly, the boys just need to accept her conditions, or let her go and move forward on their own.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 02-20-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I think Stevie does not like working with Lindsey and the boys for prolonged periods (studio time + tour). I think she does not like Lindsey's aesthetic and does not like being in a situation where she is not in charge. That's my theory.
This is my feeling as well. With her solo albums, she is able to get what she wants without having to deal with the same ole' bullsh*t. Stewart probably nourished and pushed her in different ways than LB.

Whether it's her bs or Lindsey's bs; she doesn't have to deal with it over long period's of time. Imagine what it's like for the other people involved having to listen to it.