is Come about Stevie? does she love it?
You believe it's about Stevie?
Old 09-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
You believe it's about Stevie?
no idea.

actually, i think it's about his inflated arrogant male ehm... ego. he just paints himself as a need-to-be-macho a**hole with those lyrics, so i'm not really sure why SN was apparently so upset about them. (unless they are true, i guess.) Come is a fun rocking song, and was especially and surprisingly incredible during his last year's OMS tour, when he was performing it completely alone with the click-track background.

conversely, in Dancin' lyrics he basically calls her a fame whore who is sadly trying to recapture her heyday when it shouldn't matter anymore, and in the process betraying her friends. now that's much nastier in my book, and if it is about SN, i think she called him on it and that's why he stopped doing that song.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
Uh oh. Hey, I thought everyone was allowed to have their own opinion on this board. So who or what do you think it's about?
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that was a joke, right?

I think the song is about Anne Heche.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Same here. And I think "Miranda" is too.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that was a joke, right?

No, there was no joke. I am going to be honest and say, contrary to popular opinion I think it's about Stevie.

Also, Stevie also thought it was about her, because like I said Lindsey said in an interview that they argued about it being put on the CD, and she would leave the stage every time the band played the song.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Come is a fun rocking song, and was especially and surprisingly incredible during his last year's OMS tour, when he was performing it completely alone with the click-track background.
I don't think LB's OMS or his band is near as incredible as the big FM sound, but I have to admire your persistence, especially since I will fight for BN til the bitter end!!!

Quote:
conversely, in Dancin' lyrics he basically calls her a fame whore who is sadly trying to recapture her heyday when it shouldn't matter anymore, and in the process betraying her friends. now that's much nastier in my book, and if it is about SN, i think she called him on it and that's why he stopped doing that song.
It takes one to know one! LOL. But, you can call people on the carpet in a loving way and sometimes the truth may smart a little, especially when you love / care about someone. I think it's a statement of where she was in her career as much as it was a beckoning. He calls her raven, he calls it "our song", he is including himself in "all those who love her".

None of that is something Stevie would deny. I think she probably digs the "Dancing" part. The reason he stopped doing the song is because IT DRAGGED.... although I liked it.

Quote:
Also, Stevie also thought it was about her, because like I said Lindsey said in an interview that they argued about it being put on the CD, and she would leave the stage every time the band played the song.
I never heard Stevie say she thought it was about her, just that everyone else (fans) would think that.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Stevie is inclined to think more songs are about her than really are. That's her nature. Well, human nature. Thus, what made Carly Simon's song so popular.

Given Anne Heche's mental delusions about God and the sexual abuse she says she suffered at the hands of her father, I think Miranda and Come are chiefly about her. Although, as with Stevie's song, I don't tend to think that most of Lindsey's songs are about one thing or one person. I think they're an amalgamation. And that's how thought is anyway. One event, one hurt, one relationship reminds you of another you've experienced and informs your reaction to it.

As for Stevie, it always made me chuckle how most fans think the line "you're here because I say so is about her" and she thinks THAT one is not about her and says that the lyrics are true regarding the person to whom they refer. I assume she means CAH there.

Michele
Old 09-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=CADreaming;1102212

I never heard Stevie say she thought it was about her, just that everyone else (fans) would think that.[/QUOTE]

Your right, I don't think I've ever read an interview where Stevie has ever even talked about the song Come, so I guess it was presumptuous of me to assume she thought it was. However, Lindsey said that she would walk off the stage and did not want it on the CD because she thought everyone would think it was about her, but I don't think it's too far of a stretch to think that if she thought the fan's would think the song was about her, she may have thought it was about her too or would have outright denied it.

Last edited by Deeshere; 09-05-2013 at 04:22 PM..
Old 09-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think Stevie is inclined to think more songs are about her than really are. That's her nature. Well, human nature. Thus, what made Carly Simon's song so popular.

Given Anne Heche's mental delusions about God and the sexual abuse she says she suffered at the hands of her father, I think Miranda and Come are chiefly about her. Although, as with Stevie's song, I don't tend to think that most of Lindsey's songs are about one thing or one person. I think they're an amalgamation. And that's how thought is anyway. One event, one hurt, one relationship reminds you of another you've experienced and informs your reaction to it.

As for Stevie, it always made me chuckle how most fans think the line "you're here because I say so is about her" and she thinks THAT one is not about her and says that the lyrics are true regarding the person to whom they refer. I assume she means CAH there.

Michele
Michele, I never read that about The Ledge. Do you have the quote? Love it.

Quote:
Your right, I don't think I've ever read an interview where Stevie has ever even talked about the song Come, so I guess it was presumptuous of me to assume she thought it was. However, Lindsey said that she would walk off the stage and did not want it on the CD because she thought everyone would think it was about her, but I don't think it's too far of a stretch to think that if she thought the fan's would think the song was about her, she may have thought it was about her too or would have outright denied it.
I think Stevie left the stage because she was not on the song at all and was using it as is common, for bathroom breaks, costume changes, retouch makeup, etc.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Stevie left the stage because she was not on the song at all and was using it as is common, for bathroom breaks, costume changes, retouch makeup, etc.
i tend to think so too since she does that all the time when she's not needed on the stage. but of course, there's this:

"Nicks was particularly underwhelmed by the guitarist’s insistence on bringing his solo material into the set – notably the song Come. “Think of me sweet darling, every time you don’t come,” goes the song about one of Buckingham’s ex-girlfriends. The actress Anne Heche? “Possibly,” grins the puckish guitarist, “possibly. Yes, Stevie didn’t like me doing that song. She left the stage.” At the end of the tour Nicks vowed never to work with Buckingham again."

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but peeps, we strayed... let's go back to discussing Lindsey's lyrics.

how about Dancin'? and its one-two punch with Sad Angel?

i always considered that one really really in-your-face straightforward, but maybe there are different opinions?
Ok, I know I'm asking for trouble but here's my interpretation of this song. First I think this song is about Stevie (of course) as well as a message to Stevie. Lindsey was obviously upset that Stevie did not tour with the band in 2012, and Lindsey is telling her she needs to stop her solo tour for IYD and come back to the band. Mick even said in his playboy interview that this was the first time he had seen Lindsey loose his patience about Stevie dragging her feet in touring with the band.

First let me say the Raven is Stevie. A lot of fans see Rhiannon is Stevie and vice versa, and au we know Rhiannon “Takes to the sky like a bird in flight”. So (IMO) what Lindsey is saying about Stevie as well as to her is:

Poor little raven
How she's lost her way
Buys all she can
But she can't seem to pray

Lindsey thinks Stevie has lost sight of what is important. Stevie has admitted that he loves to shop and buy things (why not she’s got the money, do it). When you pray you ask for forgiveness, but you can also give thanks for what you have been given. In the last line, I think Lindsey is trying to say that Stevie has made a lot of money being in Fleetwood Mac, and that she should be grateful to the band for everything it’s done for her (money and fame) and put the band before her solo career.

All those who love her
Just wasting away

This is pretty self-explanatory; the guy’s in Fleetwood Mac love Stevie (I don’t mean in love, but they have all said they do love and care about her) and their wasting away waiting for her to finish her solo tour for IYD and come back to the band.

Dancing
Dancing

This can mean several things, but I think it could mean that the band is just dancing around (or keeping themselves occupied with things until Stevie comes back to work with the band)

Poor little raven
Addicted to fame
Trying to begin
At the end of the game

I don’t think Lindsey’s mincing words here, nor is he trying to be vague. He says he thinks Stevie is addicted to fame and he thinks she’s trying to relive her popularity from the Bella Donna years, but essentially he says it’s the end of the game (meaning Stevie’s not 30 anymore she’s 65). However, he shows he does has sympathy for her because he calls her “poor little raven”.

All those who love her
They look on in pain

Again I think Lindsey means the guy’s in Fleetwood Mac love Stevie and are watching her continue to try to recapture her (youth (I mean that metaphorically), fame, etc..) by continuing to prolong her solo IYD tour and they find it painful because they either think: 1) it’s a useless quest and/or 2) they think she doesn’t have to work so hard on the solo project, if she would just come back to Fleetwood Mac and tour with the band she could make 2 times the money with much less work (like mick said).

Dancing
Dancing

See previous explanation above.

A thousand years
With no place to go
How will we get along?

This can have several meanings, he could be talking about the religious 1000 year reign (but Lindsey doesn’t strike me as being overly religious) so I believe Lindsey is talking about Stevie’s belief in reincarnation and that the two of them will have to deal with and see each other again and again in different lives for the next 1000 years (essentially they are stuck with each other). As to the line “How will we get along” If you believe you have to deal with the same person, over and over again in different lives and you know the two of you argue about everything, he’s asking Stevie how are we going to work this out so we don’t fight with each other for the next 1000 years, because I don’t want to keep fighting.

A thousand pains
That raven never shows

I have said in previous post that I think Stevie is very good a hiding her emotions in public, and Lindsey seems to be saying the same thing. He’s saying Stevie has had a lot of pain over the years, but does not let her pain show to the public (and maybe even fully to Lindsey) but he knows it’s there.

This is our song
I don’t think I need to comment on this line, it’s self explanatory.

Promises, promises
Already planned

It seems like he’s talking about the fact that she told the guys she would tour with Fleetwood Mac in 2012 and then pulled the plug on the tour to continue with her solo tour for another year.

Innocence dies
When supply meets demand
Business and murder
They go hand in hand

The innocence of artist, musician or a band dies when they get into the “music business” and they make it big. Because after they become popular the record companies don’t want the artist to grow and make innovative or creative music, they want the same type of music over and over again until the public gets tired of it and stops buying it or the musician is so burnt out it kills their creativity (in essence the business end of the music industry murders the artist creativity). However, I also think he could also be saying this because Stevie is working so hard to sell her IYD CD, that he may be concerned she's burning her self out. So that when she come back to work with the band again she will have nothing left to offer them in the way of creativity because all her creativity and energy will be gone (or dead).

Dancing
Dancing
Dancing
Dancing

Essentially the guys are just waiting around (or dancing) for Stevie to decide to end her solo tour, so she can come back and tour with Fleetwood Mac.

I might do Sad Angel a little later, but I first I need the right lyrics. I have seen several different post with different lyrics.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think LB's OMS or his band is near as incredible as the big FM sound, but I have to admire your persistence, especially since I will fight for BN til the bitter end!!!
you are entitled to your opinion, of course. and i do agree that Mac's sound is big and full and rocking, on most songs, and their concert is definitely worth experiencing.

but that's a completely different ball of wax from a LB solo show, and especially his one man show. one man show has so many intricacies and virtuosity that you can never get bored of seeing all that, multiple times, and you always discover something new. i remember feeling royally pissed at LB when he said he wouldn't do WATL the next night, and considered skipping that night's show. in the end i went, and after just minutes of the first song (having the best seat in the house helped too!), seeing his fingers working their magic right in front of me, i was immediately drawn back in and loved every minute of the show.

i don't really recommend seeing the same Mac show several times - unless you're an addict, as many of us here, apparently.

so yeah, if we are talking incredible, there's no comparison, for me.

Quote:
It takes one to know one! LOL. But, you can call people on the carpet in a loving way and sometimes the truth may smart a little, especially when you love / care about someone. I think it's a statement of where she was in her career as much as it was a beckoning. He calls her raven, he calls it "our song", he is including himself in "all those who love her".

None of that is something Stevie would deny. I think she probably digs the "Dancing" part. The reason he stopped doing the song is because IT DRAGGED.... although I liked it.
kinda like that ending of GDW at Mac show?

so i'm attacking LB and his lyrics as nasty and you defend him, that they are realistic? what's the world coming to?

Old 09-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, Stevie didn’t like me doing that song. She left the stage.” At the end of the tour Nicks vowed never to work with Buckingham again."

LOL! Forgot about that. I just dismissed the comment as LB adding fuel to the fire for the press. I mean, she's been leaving the stage since 1975 and we all know it's not because she hates his guitar playing. Back in the day it was for totally different reasons. I mean, let's be realistic.

Quote:
you are entitled to your opinion, of course. and i do agree that Mac's sound is big and full and rocking, on most songs, and their concert is definitely worth experiencing.

but that's a completely different ball of wax from a LB solo show, and especially his one man show. one man show has so many intricacies and virtuosity that you can never get bored of seeing all that, multiple times, and you always discover something new. i remember feeling royally pissed at LB when he said he wouldn't do WATL the next night, and considered skipping that night's show. in the end i went, and after just minutes of the first song (having the best seat in the house helped too!), seeing his fingers working their magic right in front of me, i was immediately drawn back in and loved every minute of the show.

i don't really recommend seeing the same Mac show several times - unless you're an addict, as many of us here, apparently.

so yeah, if we are talking incredible, there's no comparison, for me.

kinda like that ending of GDW at Mac show?

so i'm attacking LB and his lyrics as nasty and you defend him, that they are realistic? what's the world coming to?
UGH! Of course it's NOTHING like the GDW ending.

I've seen LB live solo many times since GOS tour and love it - for what it is - I prefer the big, full FM sound, because I get all of it - the big sound, being mesmerized by LB's playing and Stevie. The click track does not replace Mick and John AT ALL.

Funny about the lyrics. But, I commented to prove this point - sometimes it's not about who's right or wrong, sometimes both interpretations are right sometimes both are wrong and at the end of the day, we'll never really know for sure, because we're not the writer.

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-05-2013 at 08:05 PM..
Old 09-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Michele, I never read that about The Ledge. Do you have the quote? Love it.
No, Not that Funny I believe. There's an interview where she talks about Christine going up and telling Lindsey she hates some of his Tusk songs or refusing to play on particular ones in concert. Stevie was talking about Tusk and could have said that about "here because I say so" in that interview.

Michele
Old 09-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I prefer the big, full FM sound, because I get all of it - the big sound, being mesmerized by LB's playing and Stevie. The click track does not replace Mick and John AT ALL.
sure, i understand seeing both of them being a big part of the attraction for many.

re the more filled sound, you will probably tell me all is great as long as it happens, but do you think in the end you will like Mac sound better than BN? since chances are BN backing musicians will not exactly be Mick and John and considering big Mac sound includes 2 out of 3 LB's backing band members?