Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Ledgie

Default Detroit 3/8 show

Guys, I am VERY happy to report that all the rumours about Stevie are false!! She was magical tonight! She was smiling and engaged the entire show. She sounded perfect. She looked incredible. My thoughts are that the first few shows are spent working out the kinks and and as shows go by, everyone sounds better. Maybe she was nervous the first few shows and is now finding her groove. Whatever the case may be, I don't see any signs of her slowing down. Lindsey, Mick and John were awesome as well. I was standing right in front of Lindsey all night and what a treat that was! The man is incredible!! So, everyone who hasn't seen the show yet, you are in for the time of your life!! Have fun!
Old 03-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversprings62 View Post
Guys, I am VERY happy to report that all the rumours about Stevie are false!! She was magical tonight! She was smiling and engaged the entire show. She sounded perfect. She looked incredible. My thoughts are that the first few shows are spent working out the kinks and and as shows go by, everyone sounds better. Maybe she was nervous the first few shows and is now finding her groove. Whatever the case may be, I don't see any signs of her slowing down. Lindsey, Mick and John were awesome as well. I was standing right in front of Lindsey all night and what a treat that was! The man is incredible!! So, everyone who hasn't seen the show yet, you are in for the time of your life!! Have fun!

Awesome. I just saw her performance of Gypsy from Chicago and was very impressed. I am in the corner of those who think this song should be retired because they seem not to know how to translate it live.

I may have to change my mind after the vocal I just heard. She sounds great and Lindsey's deft and subtle guitar work with that airy, take me away quality, only he seems to be able to give Stevie, is awe inspiring.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieRox2 View Post
Paula - plenty of people here, on SevenWonders, and certainly on Mick's board know who Ash is. And, she IS almost a member of the band, an honorary member. She doesn't come here much at all because of stuff just like this. This board gets so damn negative at times. You say that people here are not negative about Stevie and the recent shows??????????? WTF? People here have been so incredibly cruel, who supposedly LOVE Stevie. If that's love, I'd hate to see them with their enemies.

And of course Paula, if Stevie were to talk to you during a concert, you would tell her it isn't ok for her to talk to you right then because you don't think it's ok? I think not.

Does this woman do anything anymore that's appreciated? Nice to see that a few here are somewhat less critical of her twirls from last night - amazing! Write this one down.

Good God, if you don't like what she's doing anymore, DON'T GO!

Rox - you're getting really defensive & this discussion is getting more & more ridiculous. Go ahead & disagree with me, but please DO NOT put words in my mouth.

1) Obviously, as evidenced by the posts following yours, most people on The Ledge do not know who she is. What's the big deal if they don't? I doubt that would upset Ashley, so why are you getting so upset about it? And "almost a member of the band?" Please. That's a bit much. She's a fan who Stevie has connected with on a personal level. Good for her. Doesn't mean all of Stevie's fans should know who she is & should treat her differently than any other fan.

If Stevie started talking to me during a song, would I ignore her? Probably not. But I wouldn't bitch about it when others called this unprofessional behavior. I would never imply this was acceptable because it was ME she was talking to. "It's OK guys, she was talking to me!"

2) When did I say people here weren't being negative? I stated that IMO the posters in this thread who had negative reviews/opinions about the opening night performance were giving reasons why to back up their opinions, whereas most of the posters who disagreed with them weren't. The "positive" people seemed to be mostly making excuses or posting things like "let's see you perform at 60" or hurling insults at other band members or posters here. It sure doesn't help their case. And I don't recall many of the "negative" people attacking the "positive" people, but I can't say the same in reverse.

3) Many fans here who posted negative thoughts about the opening night performance have posted positive thoughts on shows since. Most were critiquing that ONE performance, and many have changed their minds about not going to see Mac based on what they've seen since.

It's OK to admit that Stevie isn't perfect & has off-nights & gives less-than-stellar performances on occasion. What's wrong with talking about it? Are we supposed to pretend that we liked it even though we were disappointed?

Oh wait, it's OK for us not to like it but we should shut up about it. Y/N? That's not what THIS board is about. We discuss all things Mac - good AND bad. Perhaps if YOU don't like what we're talking about here, don't come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That's very good advice, & that's precisely what I do.

By the exact same token, if ledgies are so negative & cruel, why subject yourself to them?
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I honestly have no idea who Ashley is. Who is Ashley and why should we know her?

It really bugs me when fans get all uptight and say folks are Stevie bashing when people are simply expressing disappointment. It's OKAY to be disappointed in someone's performances and still be a fan.
Exactly. You can be upset or disappointed & still be a fan. A bad review of 1 performance does not mean you suddenly hate your favorite artist, it does not = "bashing." it does not mean you're no longer a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpai View Post
Of course that's OK. That's sort of a usual method.
I had one of the best times ever in Pittsburgh. I can still see things at not 100 percent at the same time.
The people who find it less than perfect are gonna stay the same and the people who think it is perfect are gonna stay the same, so people shouldn't try to hurt themselves or others to get their point across.

That is true. My gripe is that I am not freaking out & yelling at people who thought opening night was good just because they don't agree. I am not replying "are you crazy?" or "how could you possibly think that?!" or "you're a moron!" I'm explaining my position, not telling them why they're wrong. However, it seems that several of the people who disagree with the "negative" posters ARE doing just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigYourGrave View Post
Woah! Bad bad bad Karma coming from this thread..

.. And just when Stevie was finally starting to glow onstage and Lindsey had never sounded better.

Looks like the purists have been Unleashed aswell eh?
Well, yeah, NOW she is. Please note that this thread was started immediately after opening night. Many people have thad their minds changed since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Mick and Christine.
Thanks Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Ok, here's Rolling Stone saying she was there, the snippet that David referenced. I guess we'll come across Christine's comments later some day.

http://fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/archive/rstone9.htm

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE - MARCH 17, 1983 - RANDOM NOTES

Stevie Nicks ended her lively bachelorettehood on January 29th, when she married former Warner Bros. promotion man Kim Anderson on the beach outside her Pacific Palisades home. Anderson is a member of the Hiding Place Church, a community of born-again Christians, and the marriage fueled speculation that Nicks herself might be a devotee of Jesus. "I think marrying Kim puts her into our group, but she'll have to come in her own time," said minister Philip Wagner, who performed the wedding. Wagner said that he had initial "trepidations" about marrying the pair ("I had to know where Stevie was at with the Lord.") The church, which emphasizes the supernatural and the charismatic in its worship, was founded last year by Henry Cutura, a former bass player for Debby Boone, and Todd Fisher, the son of Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher.

The groom was previously married to Nicks' best friend, Robin Anderson, who contracted terminal leukemia last year. Only a week before her death, Robin gave birth to a healthy child. Nicks is the child's godmother.

Wagner said the couple's wishes were to keep the sundown ceremony "simple and stay away from the thee's and thou's. I did a little five-minute thing about their relationship to the Lord, and little miracles happening. Then we did some quick vows, they exchanged rings, and we had a little communion."

Attendees included Nicks' fellow Fleetwood Macksters Christine McVie and Mick Fleetwood. Nicks' longtime paramour, Lindsey Buckingham, was not in attendance.

Thanks to Kayde for transcribing this and posting it to the Ledge and to Anusha for forwarding it to us.
I didn't realize Kim worked for WB. Maybe I forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I wonder if Stevie really expected Lindsey to be in attendance?
Btw, I didn't attend either.
Me neither. And I'm sure she did, much like she expected him to graciously accept an autographed copy of Bella Donna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversprings62 View Post

Rumours? Reviews of a performance are not rumours. But I'm glad she seems to be getting into the groove of things & that you enjoyed your show.

Last edited by skcin; 03-09-2009 at 10:05 AM..
Old 03-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Seems to me that he was simply stating that he formed his opinion based on the fact that he's seen them live several times recently, and that he's not talking out his ass. Don't think he was trying to impress anyone - who are you trying to impress with your announcement that you saw them in '79?

Apparently...absolutley, no one......
Old 03-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Registered

Default In case anyone forgot...

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 03-10-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Wait, maybe Chris said that she didn't even buy her a wedding present? I wish I could remember where the quote was from.
Yes... that was it...
Old 03-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

zombie

Old 03-10-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Honorary member my ass.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockALittle250 View Post
Well when you take a 14 year break, you need to make up for lost time.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

ROTFL.. You're asking "ME" if I'm fine with paying hundreds of dollars to see her play the same setlist??? Do you know "WHO" your asking here ?? ROTFLMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... Do you know, that I've been a devoted fan of her's since I heard her back in 1976 when I was in high school, and darlin' I would pay to see her hop on stage and sing the phone book- wearing nothing more than a burlap bag and house shoes- AND, I'd pay thousands even to go see her in a retirement home doing the same!!! LMAO.. You don't know what you let yourself in for here.. LOLOLOL.. I'm gonna go light on you... and say- because of my love and adoration for Stevie Nicks, yes! I've paid thousands of dollars for a LOT of her stuff, along with seeing her perform for many, many years.... as I've been on this earth for 51 wonderful, happy years now.. I'm not in my 20's nor am I a "newbie" to Stevie, the boards, the net or anything else... Matter of fact, I've been on other boards with YOU!! LOL- I'm in no way cutting anyone down for feeling otherwise, as I've stated before... as everyone is entitled to their own feelings and opinions.. and honey.. everyone is letting them out! Im great with that! Do any of us have to agree on everything?? NO! Matter of fact, I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and feelings! Makes it interesting for all of us! I'm not a Linds fan.. Never have been, and never will be! My boyfriend adores him! As I said.. to each his own! I adore FM, as a whole, and I appreciate the old FM as well.. Peter Green, Bob Welch, Mick, John and all of them! In fact, it's the adoration of the "entire band" as a whole- along with Stevie- that got me involved in the Fm/ Stevie community! And I can't be happier! I have to say also, that because of that, it's brought me a LOT of wonderful people in to my life, as well as music!! So, the answer to your question buddy- is absolutey- Yes, without a doubt! I understand where you are coming from, and can empathize with those of you that feel that way! On that, I see where our feelings differ.. and you know what? There's not a thing wrong with that!
Hugs,
Arlene[/QUOTE]

Arlene, you get one of these
Old 03-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
Okay, can you get up and play that song in front of thousands? How about for 30 years? Lindsey actually puts out new music, it doesn't matter how big of a crowd he can attract.
.............. Not myfight, but seriously? Rumors "pension checks" only go so far. No more "tortured artist who cares how many people show up" stuff Hes got a wife and kids to look after. I am sure it matters to him how many people show up. And although hes not my #1. I hope he DOES get the attention he deserves. but don't try to say it does not matter cause it does.

Last edited by Phoenix; 03-10-2009 at 11:52 AM..
Old 03-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviefan59 View Post
to my fellow ledgies...ive been here 5 years and this is the worst bashing i've ever seen on a member of the band..
It really does. I know, i know, people say "Im just sharing my opinion", but the "opinions" have been REALLY INTENSE lately.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGeMe View Post
I've been here forever, have been a FM fan for over 30 years and I have no idea who "Ashley" is either.
um i hear the "inner circle calls her "ASH" OMG. Fan Royalty.

DISCLAIMER:
(this was only a joke, not a direct personal attatck or an attempt to start world war 3. Im sure shes lovely.)
Old 03-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
.............. Not myfight, but seriously? Rumors "pension checks" only go so far. No more "tortured artist who cares how many people show up" stuff Hes got a wife and kids to look after. I am sure it matters to him how many people show up. And although hes not my #1. I hope he DOES get the attention he deserves. but don't try to say it does not matter cause it does.
Actually Lindsey put it best himself on his last tour. Getting back with Fleetwood Mac enables him to do what he wants to with the rest of his time.

He really is happy playing in front of any group of people. I was at the Atlantic City show, which basically turned into 100 devotees in front of the stage when the high rollers gave way. The band totally got off on it, because we were so into it. They were wailing and jamming and sweating, it was righteous.

I believe it, because I saw it and not just 'cause he said it.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpai View Post
Actually Lindsey put it best himself on his last tour. Getting back with Fleetwood Mac enables him to do what he wants to with the rest of his time.

He really is happy playing in front of any group of people. I was at the Atlantic City show, which basically turned into 100 devotees in front of the stage when the high rollers gave way. The band totally got off on it, because we were so into it. They were wailing and jamming and sweating, it was righteous.

I believe it, because I saw it and not just 'cause he said it.
Exacally. This is what im saying. It DOES matter that a GaJillion People show up for a Fleetwood Mac show, so that he can continue to play for his hundred.

(Not being snarky, it is REALLY hard to be an artist right now, and no matter how into the art or the joy of preforming u still need cash to keep preforming. I am glad that he has the means to go off and do his own thing which some find very satisfying. ( I find what stevie does in her spare time satisfying, no seriously, i do.) The "it doesnt matter how many people show up mentality just doesnt cut it though, cause if people didnt fund the "fleetwood mac machine" as he calls it, it would be MUCH harder to fund the LB is a guitar god/genius/artist thing he does on his own. IT DOES matter. it "ENABLES" him to do what he does.

Last edited by Phoenix; 03-10-2009 at 12:17 PM..