User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
With a finale in London, I've got one thing on my mind. Well, one woman on my mind . . . would be a perfect finale.

Michele
Indeed! Given that this is supposed to be the final Mac album (or is it?) the band SHOULD ask Christine to play, write and sing on it. And she should say yes to this hypothetical offer.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Registered

Quote:
With a finale in London, I've got one thing on my mind. Well, one woman on my mind . . . would be a perfect finale.

Michele
None other than PETULA CLARK!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:01 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
Saw this posted on another message board (A heavy metal related website), thought it was rather out of the blue:

* The "new album" is in fact a new compilation album that will feature several new tracks. Interestingly enough, one of the conditions for Stevie recording new Fleetwood Mac music was that Lindsey not be named primary producer. An outside collaborator, rumored to be John Shanks or Chris Lord-Alge, is being brought in to "even things up".
Whatever.

Quote:
* The "new tour" is indeed a "farewell tour" and could last up to two years with a blowout finale being planned. The ideas and expectations for this tour are big amongst organizers with one idea being that the finale will take place at either Wembley Stadium (or Twickingham Stadium) in London, or New York City's iconic Central Park.
Can you say "cash grab"?

Quote:
* The tour will kick off in the U.S. next Spring with a European tour of arenas and some stadiums to follow. The group are already being mentioned for next year's Heiniken Jammin' Festival in Italy.
Stadiums? LOLOL. A Fleetwood Mac farewell tour, even WITH Chris, wouldn't be able to headline a 50,000 stadium. A bunch of festivals (like said festival in Italy), sure... but, Springsteen, or U2 (who will be touring next year as well), they ain't.

Quote:
* While Sheryl Crow will be participating in the recording the new Mac tunes, she will not be made a member of the band, contrary to what she announced to the public earlier this year. The first set of U.S. shows will, however, be a Fleetwood Mac/Sheryl Crow double-bill. Crow is reportedly set on opening for the group for the duration of the tour, including all overseas legs.
That's nice. Considering this will be 2009 and not 1996, I'm not sure the already economically depressed market will be enthused to pay $200 for Golden Circle seating to see a Fleetwood Mac/Sheryl Crow bill.

Quote:
* A lot of money is being put into this and the band are reportedly shopping their name around to both LiveNation and AEG Live for the farewell tour, and any one-offs that will follow.
According to another post I just read on this board, it seems that Live Nation is considering one of its 360 (degree) deals for the next year or so. Then again, AEG/Concerts West already has the inroads due to promoting the bulk of the SYW tour.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
It would be great but don't hold your breath! Wembley Stadium or Twickenham (not Twickingham) would be good venues.

I think that they could make room for her on some recordings if she wanted to and I think that it is a very BIG if. Mind you Martin Wyatt is supposedly negotiating with Universal to "rework" ITM so maybe the two are linked.

Stevie obviously missed Christine's input on the last album so now Lindsey can't be the sole producer- that should make for an interesting atmosphere when they do start recording.

Gail

Last edited by Gailh; 07-11-2008 at 03:02 AM..
Old 07-11-2008, 04:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=estranged4life;762642]

* The "new album" is in fact a new compilation album that will feature several new tracks. Interestingly enough, one of the conditions for Stevie recording new Fleetwood Mac music was that Lindsey not be named primary producer.

If the "new album" is a compilation I will be very very disapointed. I always take Stevie's rants about Lindsey with a grain of salt. I think a co-producer might work fine, with Lindsy having the final word though.

* The "new tour" is indeed a "farewell tour" and could last up to two years with a blowout finale being planned. The ideas and expectations for this tour are big amongst organizers with one idea being that the finale will take place at either Wembley Stadium (or Twickingham Stadium) in London, or New York City's iconic Central Park.

Fleetwood Mac is my favorite band, but I wish this would be a farewell tour. I hate to see them decline so I wish they would end on a high note. But I do hope the tour plays all over so those that haven't seen them will get one last chance.

*The first set of U.S. shows will, however, be a Fleetwood Mac/Sheryl Crow double-bill. Crow is reportedly set on opening for the group for the duration of the tour, including all overseas legs.

I like Sheryl Crow but the Mac doesn't need her as an opening act, or as a member. Why would they need any opening act? Don't we all want it to be the Mac on stage for 2 to 2 1/2 hours?

* A lot of money is being put into this and the band are reportedly shopping their name around to both LiveNation and AEG Live for the farewell tour, and any one-offs that will follow.

If a lot of money is put into this and WalMart is the exclusive seller I think this could be very big. But again please no compilation CD. The Eagles CD
was new material and WalMart sold about 7 million copies of that CD. And in my opinion their new CD wasn't any good.

I do like the suggestion made by someone else that there could or should be a special guess if Fleetwood Mac performs their finale in England!
Old 07-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
ALL OF THIS, is to be taken with a grain of salt until confirmed
From a blog? Unless this guys some sort of insider... I don't believe 3/4 of this.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If it truly is a farewell album, I’d rather it not be another friggin’ compilation album with new songs. I’d rather they release the new songs from Stevie and Lindsey, with new songs from Christine, Bob Welch, Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, Billy Burnette, Rick Vito, and Bekka Bramlett. Make it the one album all fans could enjoy.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

I hold all this with a grain of salt given that its off a blog and not a reputable source of information. Given its true:
*Lindsey not being the primary producer is NOT the way to end Fleetwood Mac's career.
*Sheryl Crow as an opener or co-headliner is rediculous.
This coupled with Stevie's request for LB to not be the primary makes me wonder just how much pandering Warner Bros. is willing to do

Old 07-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post

I like Sheryl Crow but the Mac doesn't need her as an opening act, or as a member. Why would they need any opening act? Don't we all want it to be the Mac on stage for 2 to 2 1/2 hours?
Chirping crickets, followed by The Chain. That's all I need. But if Sheryl can sell a few tickets, I guess -- I guess it's a good thing. Whatever lubricates the wheels and helps make it happen.

Michele
Old 07-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Well,

I hate to hear that it's a "farewell" tour if that's what it really is. But the Eagles have had a farewell for years, so I tend not to believe that it is really that.

Yeah, I have nothing against Sheryl Crow, I do like her music, but they don't really need an opening act unless, of course, they think she going to draw more people to their shows & therefore get even more money. But really, they are a "draw" all by themselves. Funny, I was just at the grocery store last night, & a Sheryl Crow came on, Love is Free, & right after that, they played Stand Back. I thought maybe that was a sign of things to come.

As far as Lindsey not producing their new CD, well, what can I say? It does sound like Stevie won't do it unless Lindsey doesn't get to be the boss.

Lee
Old 07-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post

Fleetwood Mac is my favorite band, but I wish this would be a farewell tour. I hate to see them decline so I wish they would end on a high note.
The time for that has passed I fear..it ended with the final show of The Dance reunion tour IMO.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
If it truly is a farewell album, I’d rather it not be another friggin’ compilation album with new songs. I’d rather they release the new songs from Stevie and Lindsey, with new songs from Christine, Bob Welch, Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, Billy Burnette, Rick Vito, and Bekka Bramlett. Make it the one album all fans could enjoy.
THAT is actually a GREAT GREAT GREAT idea!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
LOL! I wish for Stevie's "Farewell Interview" we could all call her on the carpet... I mean, I would seriously LOVE to hear her admit she's lying. Can you imagine her answering it with "I lied." Just once that would be so grand . . . .
What has she lied about that has you in such a tizzy?

But, she has said that when she did the interviews for Street Angel she was horrified because she had to promote a record she knew was not up to snuff - she may have even used the word lying in there.

But, as to the other stuff, I am sure they have all lied at one time or another

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Lindsey did not produce Rumours and Tusk
Oh, sure he did, Joe -- the band was its own producer in those days, but Lindsey had the single biggest role of anyone, inside or outside the band, in designing the tracks & orchestrating the instrumentation & vocals.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Makes perfect sense to me. I actually welcome and relish this condition. Lindsey did not produce the 'White Album', Rumours, and Tusk(special thanks to Lindsey). Probably their most loved and successful albums ever. I say give it a twirl! I mean whirl!
I completely agree. Given the time that they are planning on doing this, a compilation album makes sense because they won't have a whole lot of time in the recording studio, so they are using their time wisely. Plus, when TVBOFM was released, there were no new recordings on it, so i have a feeling that this compilation album might be half old stuff and half new stuff (like 50/50), or half newly-recorded old stuff and new stuff. SYW was great, but as many critics said, it was too much like a Stevie solo album and Lindsey solo album put on one CD...it was just too much!