The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lol the band needs a kick in the ass anyway.....New line-up might be interesting. Why do we need Nicks and Buckingham forever? I realize it would not be the best move....but.....what the hell? it's been done lots. shake it up!!!!!!!

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 05-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
Lol the band needs a kick in the ass anyway.....New line-up might be interesting. Why do we need Nicks and Buckingham forever? I realize it would not be the best move....but.....what the hell? it's been done lots. shake it up!!!!!!!
Without S&L Mick won't make his ten million dollars. Money, that's what he wants. Just give him your money.

A new lineup won't be profitable. Therefore they will wait until Stevie is ready to fly back to the nest. She always does.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Without S&L Mick won't make his ten million dollars. Money, that's what he wants. Just give him your money.

A new lineup won't be profitable. Therefore they will wait until Stevie is ready to fly back to the nest. She always does.
It's not the first time I read about Mick being a bad guy because he wants money. Well I'm not sure if money is his only purpose. But if it is, or at least the main reason.. so what? Besides, is Mick the only one who wants money? Do you think the record company, tour organizers, would be excited about a new/unknown Fleetwood Mac lineup?

And.. if Mick get away with it.. Is he the only beneficiary? No.. besides Mick, John, etc, it's Villavic, and all FM fans who can enjoy new Fleetwood Mac material, or at least a new chance to see them on stage. So I don't care if Mick just wants money. But if the group does not reunite again, well I respect that and won't blame on anybody.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

Stephanie saved the world!
Stephanie was a cheerleader. Save the cheerleader, save the world.

Michele
Old 05-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

AS long as there is the inevitable "farewell tour"cash cow teat to be milked it is not the end.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

Yea....I said that semi seriously. I know it won't happen. Still part of me really wants it. but never gonna happen

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 05-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
AS long as there is the inevitable "farewell tour"cash cow teat to be milked it is not the end.
I think that teat was already milked when Stevie and Christine announced they would no longer tour with Fleetwood Mac during the Behind the Mask tour. I suspect that when Fleetwood Mac finally calls it a day permanently, they will just disappear, not unlike the way Christine just up and left after The Dance tour. There are too many moving parts with the Fleetwood Mac machine these days to organize a proper sendoff.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a hard time accepting that FM at the very least will not do one more cash grab tour in 2013 or 2014! A year ago I would have bet $$ on one more record, but it seems like they passed that bridge sometime last year, around the time Stevie pulled the rug out and decided to continue solo touring to promote In Your Dreams. I wonder if they (Stevie & Lindsey) came to a stand-off about Dave Stewart overseeing production on any recordings.

Who knows with this band! Anything is possible, I would have never guessed in 09' that Stevie would've recorded another solo cd. All I know is time is running out, so they better get their collective asses on the same page, or I'm fine with Stevie & Lindsey just recording more solo material.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
If this is the end, and I sure hope it's not, I do think something special should be done. What that something special is, I don't know. But Fleetwood Mac is an amazing band, and they deserve some kind of spectacular send off.

I would hate to see the end of Fleetwood Mac. But if this really is the end, I think an album of demos should be released.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kara View Post
I would hate to see the end of Fleetwood Mac. But if this really is the end, I think an album of demos should be released.
It would be nice to have Demos issued officially, rather than us as fans "borrowing them" before sharing, haha.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Ledgie

I think they will, at the very least, do another reasonably large tour with Lindsey, Stevie, Mick and John. Whether they do another album? Well, it's possible that they won't. But then again, who actually thought there would be a new Beach Boys album in 2012? And a tour featuring all of the living original members together? So I wouldn't say the Mac is finished quite yet. Lindsey and Stevie are both quite productive still, and I'm sure they'll both get the itch at the same time again and find a way to make it work.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think Lindsey's going to want to do another 2009 tour (where you tell everybody some cockamamie nonsense about wanting to "revisit" your body of work when in reality you couldn't pull a new album together in time).

So unless the band can get back into the studio, I would imagine that future tours are off.

I mean, seriously—what would he say for the Second Unleashed tour? "We have an exemplary body of past work that doesn't overlap with our primary body of past work we happened to share with you in 2009, and we feel it's worthwhile to share this secondary body of past work with our fans."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I mean, seriously—what would he say for the Second Unleashed tour? "We have an exemplary body of past work that doesn't overlap with our primary body of past work we happened to share with you in 2009, and we feel it's worthwhile to share this secondary body of past work with our fans."
Actually, if they did perform a secondary body of past work that didn't overlap with the primary body (Rumours) us fans would be ecstatic. We wouldn't consider that tour a money grab at all, if they were doing songs from their backlog that we haven't heard in every concert since the seventies. There'd be no shame in that game. Of course, it would never happen. They'd be revisiting Dreams and GYOW and Don't Stop and the question becomes, how can you visit when they never leave?

Michele
Old 05-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's so much they could be doing. Here's one I would love to see pulled out of obscurity:

Old 05-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They'd be revisiting Dreams and GYOW and Don't Stop and the question becomes, how can you visit when they never leave?
You can check out any time you'd like. But you can never leave.