User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I agree. She comes across as nice, but she also comes across as a phony.
I was in Borders last nite and there are lots of books on the Bushes and I want to read one. Has anyone read one that they would recommend? Of course, it will probably make me hate them more, if that is possible.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think so too. Has anyone seen her commercial with Elmo? It's freaking hilarious. "Will Mrs. Bush read Elmo a story?"
Old 01-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Well, my duvet is green as well - so . . . . .

I am taking about this outfit. I think just the coat is creme colored. The dress underneath is a different color - though it was hard to tell in the pics I have scene.
You love that off white color. I saw some footage of Pickles and she could barely turn her head. Her kevlar vest must be pretty heavy.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I was watching footage of the breakfast(?) on CSPAN and Shrub walked past his mother gave her a kiss and she gazed at him in a way that was nice for the photogs.
The Laura came through and didn't even glance in Ma Barker's direction. Do I sense a little tension?
Old 01-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Well, I've always felt like I was alone in my perception of the Stepford Wi... I mean... First Lady. She frickin creeps me right out. She looks like a figure straight out of a wax museum, terrifed to say anything against her bully of a husband. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be surprised of years from now, it comes out that W. was a wife abuser. Mentally for sure, but I bet he's raised a hand to her in a drunken state. She just has that look of "smile and nod, don't rock the boat, don't contradict, everything will be alright." It infuriates me. And it makes me wonder why, in this day and age, this is the kind of person chosen to lead the US.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Here's a good one:

Old 01-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Here's a good one:

That is in such bad taste, but it's hilarious.

Old 01-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark
Well, I've always felt like I was alone in my perception of the Stepford Wi... I mean... First Lady. She frickin creeps me right out. She looks like a figure straight out of a wax museum, terrifed to say anything against her bully of a husband. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be surprised of years from now, it comes out that W. was a wife abuser. Mentally for sure, but I bet he's raised a hand to her in a drunken state. She just has that look of "smile and nod, don't rock the boat, don't contradict, everything will be alright." It infuriates me. And it makes me wonder why, in this day and age, this is the kind of person chosen to lead the US.
Maybe because in this day and age, people don't vote based on their perceptions of the first lady's facial expressions.

Old 01-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
Maybe because in this day and age, people don't vote based on their perceptions of the first lady's facial expressions.
Unless it's Teresa Heinz Kerry.

Old 01-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Unless it's Teresa Heinz Kerry.
lol! Yeah, right.

Old 01-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol! Yeah, right.
I'm still baffled at how people viewed Teresa so harshly. Granted, the comment about Laura Bush never holding a real job didn't help, but while the Vice President can tell Leahy to go f*ck himself on the Senate floor, everyone is up in arms because Teresa had the audacity to say "Shove it!" to a reporter with an obvious agenda who was deliberately misquoting her. It boggles my mind.

Old 01-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm still baffled at how people viewed Teresa so harshly. Granted, the comment about Laura Bush never holding a real job didn't help, but while the Vice President can tell Leahy to go f*ck himself on the Senate floor, everyone is up in arms because Teresa had the audacity to say "Shove it!" to a reporter with an obvious agenda who was deliberately misquoting her. It boggles my mind.
Sshe was a foreigner - plain and simple!!!!!!

Of course it did not help that she told people EXACTLY what she thought of them. Again, politics is ALL about perception and, right or wrong, most of America still views a strong woman in power as an outcast or an undesireable. There are rare exceptions like little old Southern ladies with a fiesty attitude, but those are few and far between. Interestingly, I think Barbara Bush got away with much more than she should have because she looked like a grandmother
Old 01-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't really think much of her one way or the other, although that comment about Laura Bush was pretty tacky. In the end, I doubt Kerry's wife deterred anyone from voting for him.

Old 01-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't really think much of her one way or the other, although that comment about Laura Bush was pretty tacky. In the end, I doubt Kerry's wife deterred anyone from voting for him.
Eh, I don't think so. I've met people who didn't vote for him based on Teresa, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Old 01-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
which comment - TK's of Dissention's comment. I did not think TK's was. I think she just mispoke and she later apologized for that. I do not think it was a catfight though

But, here are the quotes:

"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good. But I don't know that she's ever had a real job -- I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things."

"It didn't matter to me. It didn't hurt my feelings. It was perfectly all right that she apologized. She didn't have to apologize. I know how tough it is. And actually I know those trick questions."

I had forgotten that Mrs. Bush had worked as a school teacher and librarian, and there couldn't be a more important job than teaching our children," Heinz Kerry said.

"As someone who has been both a full-time mom and full-time in workforce, I know we all have valuable experiences that shape who we are.

"I appreciate and honor Mrs. Bush's service to the country as first lady, and am sincerely sorry I had not remembered her important work in the past."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ura/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/21/laura.teresa/

As for Diss' comments - you expect anything else