The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2003, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know of any woman in this world that needs to be hit, but I don't think she was suffering from post-coke insanity. Remember, she was in Betty Ford a good six months at least before this broke out. When she was released, she was put on medication to hinder the side effects of going off of coke. I don't think anyone was insane; I think tempers flared, emotional things that were suppressed appeared again, and Lindsey had a severe lapse in judgement about hitting women. No man should ever raise their hand to a women, EVER. But thankfully, this is all in the past and they've moved forward.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know of any woman in this world that needs to be hit
Ever watched Jerry Springer?
Old 04-06-2003, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"I actually jumped across the room and tried to kill him, literally kill him" - Stevie

Remember when she said that, I think it was during Lindsey's BTM.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueGrass
"I actually jumped across the room and tried to kill him, literally kill him" - Stevie

Remember when she said that, I think it was during Lindsey's BTM.
It was from BBC's Rock's Family Trees.

Yeah, I've seen Springer; those women are trash, but nonetheless...women don't get hit EVER in my book.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:27 PM
Ledgie

Default dissention

Don't underestimate the nature of early recovery. Until you've been through it yourself, there's no way you could understand - drugs or no drugs. The first couple years can be hell.

david
Old 04-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: LOL

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
APRIL 15th is so close, I can SMELL it!!

I can't smell it, I just smell the 28th April over here

nevermind! Still not too long

Old 04-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not underestimating anything. My experiences may be different than yours, as is every persons and their experiences are different, let's leave it at that. Thank god she kicked that habit though!
Old 04-06-2003, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie didn't have to necessarily be drugged to do what she did, just pissed off. I once came across a conference table at a co-workers who had just tried to blame me for some screw-up of his in front of our boss. I'm not sure how I intended to get across that conference table, or what I intended to do when I got to him, in fact, I can't really remember jumping for him at all. I just remember him leaping out of his chair and making a run for the door to get away from me. I'm 5'3 and weigh about 120 pounds and my co-worker was 6'4 and weighed around 250. I'm not a hitter, and am a very non-violent person, although I will tell you exactly what I'm thinking if you tick me off. And this guy was in no way shape or form an ex-boyfriend of mine--so I can't even begin to imagine what the emotions must have been like that night at Christine's! Maybe Stevie just had one of those moments where a lot of anger & resentment just surfaced to the top. Maybe Lindsey did too. Unfortuantely both their moments were at the same time leading to a little mass insanity.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:35 PM
Ledgie

Default dissention

fair enough. I do agree with you though - don't get me wrong, as I'm not condoning hitting women. I don't think anything really justifies that either. My comments were, for the most part, tongue-in-cheek. And I'm glad Stevie got cleaned up (and for that matter, the rest of them as well). It paved the way for this reconcilation of sorts. And now we're ready to rock it again

take it easy
david

Last edited by LindseyRocks; 04-06-2003 at 06:38 PM..
Old 04-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Aww....

Sorry MFM about the extra wait for the album. I'm sure that on April 15th tho, all the tracks will be on kazaa for those who cannot wait another almost two weeks!! Unless you are waiting it out completely tho and don't wanna ruin it...then, back to square one of..sorry about the extra wait.

BTW, why did it get changed from April 14th??

LMAO!!! I just read your location too MFM...Yeah, I'd be happy to be ANYWHERE but THERE right now too!! I love your avatar too..he's beautiful.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie did say this, but she said she was enraged because she demostrated years of loyalty by needlessly (career-wise at that time) coming back to Fleetwood Mac (the truth of her statement is another discussion at another time ) only to have LB then say I am leaving the band after producing an album and then not touring to support it. That was, at the least, not very nice of him Who would not have been pissed? As an aside, my favorite quote from this period is LB saying "What was I going to tour for - to watch Stevie twirl?"

I also doubt if Stevie was indeed that wacked out in Klonopin/Prozac because she has stated that did not happen until after she had written and done work on TOSOTM, which was presumably way after TITN's release.

I think Stevie's words that "we finally broke up that day" are the most accurate depiction. 10 or so years of pent up frustration can be potent!

Also, I am wondering why it is assumed LB is totally non-violent. Has this been quoted somewhere. Note: I am just asking in a non-confrontational way as I do not think any on them are particularly violent to the point and there was Chris allegedly slapping LB after he allegedly kicked SN in the shin(s) on stage in Europe on the Tusk tour during Rhiannon - but then LB denies it and instead alleges he just sang out of key (perhaps intentionally ) - Oh the saga of it all , esp. considering LB and MF have admitted to havong problems with Coke and other stuff for significant periods including some of the time of the making of TITN (except SN, who allegedly quit prior to then).

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 04-06-2003 at 06:52 PM..
Old 04-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Aww....

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847

BTW, why did it get changed from April 14th??

LMAO!!! I just read your location too MFM...Yeah, I'd be happy to be ANYWHERE but THERE right now too!! I love your avatar too..he's beautiful.
I think the album has been bumped possibly for a single release in Europe.

Yes, not in Iraq, unlike John Simpson the BBC reporter I admire and the only reporter I trust to speak the truth who was nearly killed today when another US F15 cowboy hit his convoy in northern Iraq. I am furious over the situation around this "friendly fire" incident. So much so that I'm not going to mention it again, I am that enraged.

The tiger avatar is in relation to the Lindsey/Libra thing Tuigirl mentioned in an earlier thread. I'm a Tiger Libra it seems.

Old 04-06-2003, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wow, would ya look at that... another Mac blowup has become Stevie's fault.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

ok, sorry to feed the rumor mill more, but i read somewhere that in the '70s lindsey and stevie rented a cabin somewhere, they got into a fight, lindsey chased her with a knife, blah blah blah, stevie wrote landslide. is there any grain of truth in this tale?
Old 04-06-2003, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Hmm....

Well, I'm assuming he's non-violent. Isn't this the only incident (that we know of) that has him hitting her or are there other times I don't know about??

MFM...I don't think I ever read that thread about you being a Tiger Libra.

OMG, chased her with a knife?!?!!? Soap opera indeed!!! LOL

DANG, they SO need to make a movie based on FM!!!!!!!!!!!!