The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

More importantly, did any songs get cut so far? Hopefully Sisters is still there.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just read on Twitter - Without You still there.

@PeterDiMeo: LINDSEY AND STEVIE JUST BLEW KISSES TO EACH OTHER DURING LANDSLIDE AND IT WAS LITERALLY THE CUTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN

Last edited by CADreaming; 04-06-2013 at 09:09 PM..
Old 04-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

@PeterDiMeo: LINDSEY AND STEVIE JUST BLEW KISSES TO EACH OTHER DURING LANDSLIDE AND IT WAS LITERALLY THE CUTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN
Glad it's still in the set.

Also, that sounds cute.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have faith that we will keep everything in, Without You, Sisters, Sad Angel. It all stays. I am going to believe. But as for evolution, I do hope that Without You gets a little tweaking. You know they tried to spice Destiny Rules up at the end, when they did it live and they need to just put some variation into Without You.

Michele
Old 04-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tom Petty said, "the waiting is the hardest part." Waiting for the reports to come in is killing me. C'mon people, I have other stuff that needs to get done.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I have faith that we will keep everything in, Without You, Sisters, Sad Angel. It all stays. I am going to believe.

Michele
Fingers crossed. I do have a feeling it's a permanent set.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
C'mon people, I have other stuff that needs to get done.
I know, like bedtime! I'm gone all day tomorrow, must I wait!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Tom Petty said, "the waiting is the hardest part." Waiting for the reports to come in is killing me. C'mon people, I have other stuff that needs to get done.
I agree! A couple of videos on youtube now. A good one of Tusk.
Any changes to set list tonight?
Old 04-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Second Hand News from tonight...

Old 04-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fingers crossed. I do have a feeling it's a permanent set.
I actually think Silver Springs is in more peril than any other song.

Since they have to shorten their set for New Orleans, it will be interesting to see what they drop for that date.

Michele
Old 04-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Just got back,great show,same set as Columbus
Goodnight all.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Same set, amazing show.
S&L walked out holding hands for the first time, and for all the encores, it was adorable.
Sisters was amazing. She kind of crouched down and sang the ending in a very cool tongue-like way like the famous version. She also said that they hadn't sang it since the 70s. Silly Steph. She obviously doesn't recall the Mirage tour.
Also she said she wrote Without You in 71 as a poem, recorded the demo for Buckingham Nicks II, totally lost it for years and found it on youtube last year. (Sounds like the Secret Love story). She talked about how in love they were when she wrote it, and how amazing it is that they're friends now. It was ok, her vocals weren't incredible on it since i'm used to the demo.
Sad Angel is effing awesome. I'm in love. Perfect song for Stevie's voice. Everybody responded favorably.
Landslide as way cute. She dedicated it to everyone and their families. Before the song, she said "My dad thought it was written for him. But really it was written for him {pointing to Lindsey], but we both loved my dad so we let him have that one." At the end, they high-fived, which became a hand-hold. And he kissed her hand. So she blew him a kiss, and he blew one back. And they smiled at eachother and made the little "rock on" signs with their hands to eachother. It was way cute. The whole audience was cheering and whistling every time they touched.
Big Love was wicked cool. The guitar work was incredible as usual.
GDW was especially hot and went on forever. Super sexy and cool.
I'm So Afraid was awesome! The solo amazed everybody.
Stand Back was fun, lots of twirling. A weird background thing on the screen with a Stevie lookalike dancing around. Odd. I preferred when the screen was just a huge cam of the band better.
Silver Springs was beautiful. Lots of people crying. She changed some lyrics though ("Did you say that you love her")
I personally liked Not That Funny, but everybody near me was like WTF when he did it. Linds laughed and said "I wish i'd been a fly on the wall when Warner Bros listened to this record!"
Rhiannon was epic as usual, though I prefer when she starts it slow like she did last time I saw her solo. I think she screwed up a lyric or was late to something at the very start but nobody seemed to notice except a few people who pointed it out to me. It was awesome.
Say Goodbye was crazy gorgeous, perfect closer. He went into a huge rant about how there's still so many chapters left for the two of them and how amazing they were together. The audience was whistling and whooping lol.
Stevie had no glasses and no gloves. She changed a few times and she went backstage a lot to alternate shawls. (It was funny, at one point Karen snuck up onstage and grabbed her arm and lead her backstage. Can she not walk herself? )Looked decades younger than in the interviews just a few wks ago, she also looked like she lost some weight! Very pretty.
Lindsey was hamming it up. Totally epic guitar solos. It's a shame everybody went to the bathroom or to get food whenever Stevie went backstage to change during Lindsey's songs. They don't know what they were missing, he was amazing.
Mick was wearing ridiculous red shoes and at the end, a red top hat lol. He had his crazy World Turning drum solo and did part of it with his eyes closed. Lindsey sat down like cross-legged on the edge of the stage during Mick's whole solo. There was a weird pre-recorded backing track during it too, I think. Mick ended the show by yelling "The Mac is back!"
Lindsey says the EP should be released in "just a few days".
Old 04-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

rhiannondontgo, I'm so glad you had such a good time and were able to take notes at the same time. We really appreciate an in depth review. Now we just have to wait for the video's.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Same set, amazing show.
S&L walked out holding hands for the first time, and for all the encores, it was adorable.
Sisters was amazing. She kind of crouched down and sang the ending in a very cool tongue-like way like the famous version. She also said that they hadn't sang it since the 70s. Silly Steph. She obviously doesn't recall the Mirage tour.
Also she said she wrote Without You in 71 as a poem, recorded the demo for Buckingham Nicks II, totally lost it for years and found it on youtube last year. (Sounds like the Secret Love story). She talked about how in love they were when she wrote it, and how amazing it is that they're friends now..
It sounds like you got a lot more cozy SnL moments than there were in Columbus. I'm jealous.

Glad you had a great time.

Michele
Old 04-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default i

rhiannondontgo.. great post.