Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

ooops redundant.

well this of interest, as always, but especially since it's Mick and John.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Excerpt from a Hitfix review of the album:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-beat...-salute-zz-top

Some of the covers take nice, unexpected turns: Wolfmother’s “Cheap Sunglasses” starts in the most pedestrian of ways before exploding into a ferocious, tangled guitar blow out and then goes off on a cool psychedelic bent. Daughtry, who tackles the combo platter of “Waitin’ For the Bus” and “Jesus Just Left Chicago” gets the second part better than the first. Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler joins with Fleetwood Mac’s Mick Fleetwood and Jon McVie, as well as Johnny Lang and Brett Tuggle for a fun version of “Sharp Dressed Man” (under the moniker M.O.B.). As you recall, Aerosmith and ZZ Top toured together in 2009.
Ah, this is the first reference to Brett Tuggle's participation that I've read in regards to this project.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ultimate Classic Rock, 10/19/2011

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/the-m...n-song-review/

Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood has formed a new band called The M.O.B. with longtime cohort John McVie on bass, Aerosmith‘s Steven Tyler on vocals and Jonny Lang on guitar. Their choice to cover ZZ Top‘s ‘Sharp Dressed Man’ for the new tribute album, ‘A Tribute From Friends,’ seems highly appropriate given Fleetwood and Tyler are both obsessive about clothing.
More importantly, The M.O.B. are obsessed with the blues. Lang’s impressive guitar work during the mid-section of the song not only pays homage to the band but reminds you where this music came from in the first place.

The band doesn’t stray too far from the original. Tyler doesn’t try to change his voice in the slightest and
his personality is stamped all over this cut. His drawn out “yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah’s” and ‘whooooos” combined with added back-up vocals certainly update the song. Furthermore, Tyler’s impromptu one lined rap “the girls, they just can’t resist me” also deserves a mention and a chuckle.

The band sound as tight as you might imagine given their all-star, elder statesmen status. True, Lang is
still a young man, but he’s been playing since childhood so he can wear that ribbon too.

Bob Rock (Aerosmith, Metallica) mixed this single and allegedly The M.O.B. were involved from the beginning to the end of the recording process, including the ever-so-busy Tyler. That type of dedication seeps through and if you’re paying tribute to one of your favorite bands, that’s exactly how it should be.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[So M.O.B. doesn't stand for anything. We had been wondering]

Ultimate Classic Rock, October 2011

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/mick-...have-a-future/

Chickenfoot, SuperHeavy and now M.O.B. That’s the name of Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood’s new supergroup. He has recruited Steven Tyler, guitarist Johnny Lang and Fleetwood Mac co-founder John McVie, and the foursome have made their debut on a cover of ZZ Top‘s ‘Sharped Dressed Man’ on a new ZZ Top tribute album.

Fleetwood tells Billboard he’s hoping for future work as well. “I have musical fantasies all the time,” he said in a recent interview, “but we had a lot of fun doing this, and I truly, truly do have a vision of somewhere, somehow walking on stage and actually putting something together with (the group). It’s nothing on a boiler plate right now, but it’s certainly something in my mind, and I think everybody else’s, too.”

M.O.B. is not an acronym for anything. No one had to convince Fleetwood to pay tribute to the Texas rockers. “They come from a great love of blues,” he said, “and they’ve always expressed a real regard for Peter Green and the original Fleetwood Mac, which led to this long-term friendship and regard. So this was totally my pleasure to do. I was not only flattered to be asked but excited to be part of it.”

On Tuesday night Fleetwood was joined by singer-songwriter Nicole Atkins for the premiere episode of ‘Off the Record,’ a new YouTube exclusive. The two shared stories and perspective during the six-minute long video.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
As you recall, Aerosmith and ZZ Top toured together in 2009.
Wasn't Mick Fleetwood's Blues Band originally scheduled to be on that bill and later canceled?