User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
This is not the same dog on the cover of the album.
It didn't look like it to me either. But I guess it must be. The dog on the cover looked like a different breed, but I don't know dogs.

Michele
Old 04-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It didn't look like it to me either. But I guess it must be. The dog on the cover looked like a different breed, but I don't know dogs.

Michele
The dog on the cover was named Scooter but the picture Sanne posted was of another breed. The TUSK dog was not hairy/furry like the one pictured.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
Thanks for sharing and Ken did confirm in his book that it was indeed his dog "Scooter"
I've not gotten Ken's book yet. Does he explain why or how they decided to put Scooter on the cover?
Old 04-28-2012, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I've not gotten Ken's book yet. Does he explain why or how they decided to put Scooter on the cover?
Not really, because the book was centered just on Rumours and Tusk garnered only glancing mention, so he didn't discuss what went into the decision or what they were going for with the cover. He just said all the men in the band loved Scooter and the women didn't -- maybe, he thought, because Christine and Stevie had female dogs that Scooter wanted to have sex with and harass. So, he said maybe putting Scooter on the cover was a gender victory for the men in the band.

He said Stevie told him that cover should have been hers, so when Scooter died about 5 years later she told Ken she put a hex on the dog, because he stole her cover. Obviously, it wasn't a very good hex, because Scooter lived for a long time afterwards in dog years, but no one ever said that Stevie was a competent witch.

Michele
Old 04-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It sure looks like the same dog to me. Compare the markings in the cover picture to the one posted in this thread. From the head down to his front legs his coat is lighter, and the rest of his coat is darker. That's Scooter!

And from what Ken has recounted, Scooter was a friendly dog. Unfortunately the cover shot generally gives the impression that he is angry, aggressive and attacking. (Stevie was quoted making that assumption, which somewhat perpetuated the notion).

But Scooter is being misunderstood by the one second it took to snap that photo. He is just playing...like a dog! Surely no one was threatened or hurt in the process.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 04-28-2012 at 10:53 AM..
Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Did Ken talk about why Peter Beard's photography was used?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It sure looks like the same dog to me. Compare the markings in the cover picture to the one posted in this thread. From the head down to his front legs his coat is lighter, and the rest of his coat is darker. That's Scooter!

And from what Ken has recounted, Scooter was a friendly dog. Unfortunately the cover shot generally gives the impression that he is angry, aggressive and attacking. (Stevie was quoted making that assumption, which somewhat perpetuated the notion).

But Scooter is being misunderstood by the one second it took to snap that photo. He is just playing...like a dog! Surely no one was threatened or hurt in the process.
Everyone thinks their dog is friendly except for the poor unfortunate it bites, barks at and frightens. The Tusk dog looks like one of those fur-less dogs to me, the type that seem to only have skin. The pic Sanne2 posted shows a furry dog.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post

And Ken was probably deliberately moving his foot to get that reaction from Scooter. It was probably a game they had. He wanted him to look ferocious.
Quote:
Everyone thinks their dog is friendly except for the poor unfortunate it bites, barks at and frightens.
This is true. I can't tell you how many times an owner has said to me as their dog approaches, "Oh, he won't hurt you." Um, just get your dog. Why is he coming towards me without a leash anyway? Why should I have to stand here and trust that you're correct that he won't hurt? Aside from that, I don't want to be smelled either or nuzzled. So, being hurt is not the only thing that is making me uncomfortable.

Michele
Old 05-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then the photo is of another dog or Ken is wrong???? I dunno, I wasn't there, BUT this dog is a Mystery to me
Old 05-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Everyone thinks their dog is friendly except for the poor unfortunate it bites, barks at and frightens. The Tusk dog looks like one of those fur-less dogs to me, the type that seem to only have skin. The pic Sanne2 posted shows a furry dog.
The dog on the Tusk cover is definitely not one of these:

If you look very closely at the cover, you can see the dog has short, somewhat coarse fur, like Scooter's. It also has a beagle face like Scooter's.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg cream View Post
The dog on the Tusk cover is definitely not one of these:

If you look very closely at the cover, you can see the dog has short, somewhat coarse fur, like Scooter's. It also has a beagle face like Scooter's.
Hey that's a peruvian dog!!!! It can be the Tusk dog!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peruvian_Hairless_Dog
Old 05-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's the same dog, the Tusk photo has a lot of contrast what makes him look lighter.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 05-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And Ken was probably deliberately moving his foot to get that reaction from Scooter. It was probably a game they had. He wanted him to look ferocious.

This is true. I can't tell you how many times an owner has said to me as their dog approaches, "Oh, he won't hurt you." Um, just get your dog. Why is he coming towards me without a leash anyway? Why should I have to stand here and trust that you're correct that he won't hurt? Aside from that, I don't want to be smelled either or nuzzled. So, being hurt is not the only thing that is making me uncomfortable.Michele
This is EXACTLY what I think when someone's little kid starts walking toward me.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
This is EXACTLY what I think when someone's little kid starts walking toward me.
Ha-ha!! Me too!