Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There is like, a Mirage bubble growing, I think
Old 04-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

[QUOTE=elle;1049324]i didn't exactly get that impression, but it can easily be just my bias...

i tried to paste + bold parts where either LB or CM (or MF) were not very nice towards SN, but if you also read through the other paste

"That may have something to so with why Stevie is the way she is now," Buckingham suggests. "Because she is not a musician, she doesn’t share in that thing with use. She can feel totally out of her depth-which she is, on some levels-and you can understand why she doesn’t want to some down to the studio or be involved in certain things."

Buckingham ...... admits to having always considered her songs "a little flaky." But, "there’s obviously something about her material that people relate to. [B]She’s always been a little bit hard for me to take seriously.

"There’s something emotional that gets through, through, "he says, "and her voice is so recognizable. I’ve been listening to Stevie sing for years and years, and when you’re that close to it, it’s easy to overlook certain aspects of anything."

"Stevie’s a very prolific," McVie notes. She writes constantly, and all her songs are like babies to her, even though some of them are rubbish. When I write, I sit down and work on an idea until it’s finished, but Stevie cranks out songs all the time."

Fleetwood agrees. "We definitely have a problem sometimes with Stevie and John, but if they hate being in the studio then they certainly have less right to complain about what’s done. That’s just a matter of fairness-and that’s why I hate being away from the studio.

"[B]There’ve been many times when she might come out in the studio and try and sing along, and we’d tend to say, "Don’t do that right now, let us work this out first," Says McVie.

I get what you are saying. I guess my thoughts are that at that time in Lindsey 's & Stevie 's relationship he had no respect for her personally or professionally. I mean, at one time he had put all his hopes and dreams in her and the music they made together at tut coffee plant.

As for Christine, she 's brutally honest. She loves Stevie as a sister, but they are very different kind of women.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust75 View Post
Why would she want to come back. Maybe because she is handed a major quilt trip (on Mick's part).
I can understand where you're coming from. Stevie has always preferred cashmere blankets. If Mick was trying to force Stevie to make him a quilt, I would understand why she wasn't willing to hang out in the recording studio.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

[QUOTE=fairydust75;1049338][QUOTE=elle;1049324]i didn't exactly get that impression, but it can easily be just my bias...

i tried to paste + bold parts where either LB or CM (or MF) were not very nice towards SN, but if you also read through the other paste

"That may have something to so with why Stevie is the way she is now," Buckingham suggests. "Because she is not a musician, she doesn’t share in that thing with use. She can feel totally out of her depth-which she is, on some levels-and you can understand why she doesn’t want to some down to the studio or be involved in certain things."

Buckingham ...... admits to having always considered her songs "a little flaky." But, "there’s obviously something about her material that people relate to. [B]She’s always been a little bit hard for me to take seriously.

"There’s something emotional that gets through, through, "he says, "and her voice is so recognizable. I’ve been listening to Stevie sing for years and years, and when you’re that close to it, it’s easy to overlook certain aspects of anything."

"Stevie’s a very prolific," McVie notes. She writes constantly, and all her songs are like babies to her, even though some of them are rubbish. When I write, I sit down and work on an idea until it’s finished, but Stevie cranks out songs all the time."

Fleetwood agrees. "We definitely have a problem sometimes with Stevie and John, but if they hate being in the studio then they certainly have less right to complain about what’s done. That’s just a matter of fairness-and that’s why I hate being away from the studio.

"[B]There’ve been many times when she might come out in the studio and try and sing along, and we’d tend to say, "Don’t do that right now, let us work this out first," Says McVie."

I get what you are saying. I guess my thoughts are that at that time in Lindsey 's & Stevie 's relationship he had no respect for her personally or professionally. I mean, at one time he had put all his hopes and dreams in her and the music they made together at that coffee plant.

As for Christine, she 's brutally honest. She loves Stevie as a sister, but they are very different kind of women.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood’s take on the whole situation is that the process Fleetwood Mac goes through form day one in the studio through to the finished product is a highly-disciplined one...

WOW WOW WOW WOW
I don't think I've ever read a bigger load of crap coming out of Mick's mouth than that statement right there. And he's spewed a lot of pure crap in his day.

"Disciplined" how? A defined order of who snorts the lines first, second, etc.?

I remember when this article came out; it was then I decided I was not interested in hearing anything that Mick or Christine had to say ever again. In the long run, that was good, because I learned to separate the art from the personalities and learned that I don't have to like a person to like their music (alluding to the thread about Lindsey and his actions influencing whether fans want to continue to like his music).
Old 04-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool John sailing...

Quote:
while the equally-absent John McVie was discussed only briefly and in the most benign of terms. The bassist, a road animal and an acknowledged studiophone, was sailing in the Virgin Islands at the time of the interview and was due to join the band a few days later to rehearse.
what a shock!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 04-27-2012 at 01:00 PM..
Old 05-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, the thing that always got me about this article was Christine's "rubbish" comment.....that HAD to hurt! I would have expected that from Lindsey, but Christine? That still blows me away!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I can understand where you're coming from. Stevie has always preferred cashmere blankets. If Mick was trying to force Stevie to make him a quilt, I would understand why she wasn't willing to hang out in the recording studio.
LOL...Viv. I didn't get what you were saying at first, then I reread my post. GUILT/QUILT what a difference one letter makes. By the way, have you seen the prices on cashmere quilts these days? Wow, no wonder its spelled CASHmere...
Old 05-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust75 View Post
LOL...Viv. I didn't get what you were saying at first, then I reread my post. GUILT/QUILT what a difference one letter makes. By the way, have you seen the prices on cashmere quilts these days? Wow, no wonder its spelled CASHmere...
I knew what you originally meant to say. I was just making a play on words, like you did with CASHmere. Very clever. I had not thought of that one.
Now you know what happens when you don't re-read your post before posting.