User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
I love a window seat. I hate the middle seats. I got stuck there once last year.
The worst has got to be when the person next to you talks alot and you don't want to talk. I got to start bring some electronic devices with me.
Pattie, I don't think you're supposed to use electric devices on the other passengers just because they're annoying.

- Jake
Old 04-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Front, middle, or back?

- Jake
All depends where Christy is sat....... Don't fancy wet shoes on a long haul...

Old 04-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
neither. I will not ever step foot in an airplane, not for a fear of terrorists, but from knowing how some were trained to work on these "oversized s--t carriers".
I hear they're replacing "Fly the friendly skies" with this nice motto.

- Jake
Old 04-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGeMe
I look at it this way, if I end up dying on a plane, at least I died happy. I love flying. And I always try to get the window seat. I haven't yet had the opportunity to go on a really long flight (cross-country or overseas) yet, but I might consider an aisle seat just so I could move around. The great thing about being short is that I don't need a whole lot of room to stretch my legs!
Ugh, I hate long plane trips. The longest I took was Philly to Paris, and wow, talk about stir-crazy. I think I was in a window seat - it was twenty years ago.

- Jake
Old 04-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid
I always ask for the window seat. I love to look out the window and see the view. I usually don't get up to go to the bathroom so I don't need to be on the aisle.
Front or back?

And BTW, thank goodness for you folks who like the window seats or the rest of us might get stuck in them.

- Jake
Old 04-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lol!

Quote:
Umm, Christy...I've never flown British Airways, but I really don't think you're supposed to pee in the aisle.

- Jake
Nobody told me that.

So THAT'S why I get getting dirty looks from the stewards/stewardesses.

Quote:
All depends where Christy is sat....... Don't fancy wet shoes on a long haul...
Old 04-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Nobody told me that.

So THAT'S why I get getting dirty looks from the stewards/stewardesses.
:
That's better than them looking excited by it, I suppose.

- Jake
Old 04-13-2004, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Window seat rules, but...

I love window seats...I also like to daydream and drift off in my thoughts...
it's a privilege to see the land or the clouds, no matter if it is cloudy... I love to see the sky and dream

Yes, the bad part is when you want to stand up, go to the bath, and your neighbor is sleeping, or not but anyway you feel bad about asking him to move..

Aisle seats are more comfort, however... if you want to sleep, window seat is fat better. You can rest lying on the cushion putting it on the wall.. On aisle seats they sometimes knock accidentaly your seat and you wake up. I hate when that happens. Specially when they serve food, the food car always knocks the aisle seats.

And I think everybody hates middle seats, no doubt

I just flew Lima-Miami-London-Delhi-London-MAdrid-Miami-Lima (I jsut arrived from vactions!). All flights windows seats... It was great.

American planes have more space for legs. It's very good, though British Airways service is far better.. among other things, wine is free, ha haaaa!!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
if you want to sleep, window seat is fat better. You can rest lying on the cushion putting it on the wall..!!!!
I'm always grossed out by the plane pillows. You never know who's been on them, you know, like hotel bedspreads.

- Jake
Old 04-13-2004, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy I thought the cushion cover is cleaned

I always supposed the cushion cover was washed before evry flight. Specially since I find it on a plastic bag.
Now I'm scared
Old 04-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Window

I'm actually small enough that I don't need leg room, so window seat is great.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I like an aisle seat towards the front. If there's a hell, it probably involves a plane ride with a kid kicking the back of your seat
- Jake
dear lord! the worst thing to kick off a holiday is regreting ever taking it. some of the worst hours in my life included a plane seat and crying babies (others included ones with neighbours from a certain country known by its residents' tendencies to wear perfumes instead of bathing).
it's not that i think kids shouldn't be allowed to fly, i just think they must be sedated before they board the plane.

my tip for an excellent (and a little longer) flight is a space cookie. you eat it when you get to the airport, and then by time it's effective you are already finished with all the arrangements and ready to REALLY fly. you won't believe how exciting and fun a flight can get this way. you just have to make sure you eat the correct amount, coz getting to location still high (security checks, carrying heavy luggage...) ain't so fun.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tell me about it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommer
it's not that i think kids shouldn't be allowed to fly, i just think they must be sedated before they board the plane.
Better still there's gotta be some room in the cargo hold for them? Put them down there with the animals and let the rest of us get a quiet, knee in the back of the seat free journey....

I'll never be the same after a 9 hour flight from Barbados to London last year.. Two hyperactive Austrian children in front of me that seemed to start dancing in their seats every time I ordered a drink, an all night party in the seats to the right of me and parents that can't control their kids behind me, little ba***rds... All we needed was a few chimps and Liam Gallagher to make it a full house..

Old 04-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Lmao!!!

Perhaps we should start "Ledgies Against Bratty Children". I'm not a "kid person" either. I was blessed to sit beside two guys who weren't chatty, but friendly.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Aisle for one and one for aisle, please.

And, furthermore, the emergency exit seat. I either request this or get offered it because of my height.