Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-28-2004, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It was Mighty Max!!

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/mightymax/mightymax.html

It's got a picture of the mountain playset I found in mom's closet. It opened up and there was a whole bunch of random stuff inside you could stick Max in. It owned.

EDIT: This is the science lab one I had:

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/might...ull_1_crop.jpg
http://www.virtualtoychest.com/might...ull_2_crop.jpg

I also had these: http://www.virtualtoychest.com/might...ake_2_crop.jpg
http://www.virtualtoychest.com/might...bat_1_crop.jpg

My sister just walked in here when I was looking at them and she freaked. out. She was like "Homahgah! I remember those!!"

Last edited by DeadliestPoison; 06-28-2004 at 02:10 AM..
Old 06-28-2004, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
in our house, Well kinda.

My Mother would buy the presents early and try to hide 'em from us 3 boy, So was she ever surprised one Christmas when we found the presents in her bedroom and opened 'em up to see what we were receiving....The only problem was that we rewrapped the presents in different paper!!! Man, was she po'd or what

Not as po'd as when I dialed a pay-per-call sports line and ran up a several hundred dollar phone bill, Let's say we definitely werent a "spare the rod spoli the child family"
My parents would have KILLED me for that.
My Chanukah gifts were often so lame they weren't worth searching out. Eventually my parents would just take us to the store and say Here, pick what you want.

- Jake
Old 06-28-2004, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Red face Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Do you own fast cars these days?
No. All we have (Debbie & myself) is a 1996 Nissan Sentra GXE (The "War horse"/"Black Death"). Our Nissan has a fetish with large wildlife (Only when Deb drives) because it has splattered alot of animals (Including a deer which tore the sh-t outta the front fender weld)

My brother Geary owns a Shelby Avenger though (Even had the legendary Carroll Shelby sign the dash, That is one fast ass car).

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-28-2004, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No. All we have (Debbie & myself) is a 1996 Nissan Sentra GXE (The "War horse"/"Black Death"). Our Nissan has a fetish with large wildlife (Only when Deb drives) because it has splattered alot of animals (Including a deer which tore the sh-t outta the front fender weld)

My brother Geary owns a Shelby Avenger though (Even had the legendary Carroll Shelby sign the dash, That is one fast ass car).
I'm scared of hitting animals. I saw a lot of deer when I lived in Austin, and since these days when I go there I usually drive back late at night, it pays to be careful.
But it says something especially about the quality of life in Oklahoma that woodland creatures are seeking to hurl themselves into a moving vehicle.

- Jake
Old 06-28-2004, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
It was Mighty Max!!!!
Never seen it before. Wait, yes I have. (Hi, Marissa. )

Seriously, what the hell did you do with that?

- Jake
Old 06-28-2004, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking We figured...

Quote:
I'm scared of hitting animals. I saw a lot of deer when I lived in Austin, and since these days when I go there I usually drive back late at night, it pays to be careful.

But it says something especially about the quality of life in Oklahoma that woodland creatures are seeking to hurl themselves into a moving vehicle.

- Jake
that deer was depressed because of a lovers spat and decided to end it all on our car

Brian "Debbie-2 Wildlife-0" j.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-28-2004, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that deer was depressed because of a lovers spat and decided to end it all on our car

Brian "Debbie-2 Wildlife-0" j.
Virginia is for lovers...Oklahoma is for splatters.
Nice ring to it.

- Jake
Old 06-28-2004, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

- Jake
Dude, honestly? I don't know. lol.

I guess it's one of those things you let your imagination go haywire with. All I really remember about it is me thinking it was the best. thing. ever.

Apparently, there was a cartoon that went along with the toys. Maybe the toys represented stuff he did on the show? I never watched it (I didn't even know there was show until now).

Man. Trip down memory lane much?
Old 06-28-2004, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Really,,,

Quote:

- Jake
I havent seen one of those before either...

I still own 3 of the toys I had as an infant:

A pink stuffed elephant

A plastic Tweety Bird

And a Playmate (I think thats the name of the toymaker) Pull-string firetruck with 2 wooden figures (The ladder works, The hoses are still in tact & the bell rings when it is pulled by the string, Except for the paint fading it is in excellent condition for a wooden 34 year old toy)

Old 06-28-2004, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
Dude, honestly? I don't know. lol.

I guess it's one of those things you let your imagination go haywire with. All I really remember about it is me thinking it was the best. thing. ever.

Apparently, there was a cartoon that went along with the toys. Maybe the toys represented stuff he did on the show? I never watched it (I didn't even know there was show until now).

Man. Trip down memory lane much?
It reminds me slightly of the Micronauts toys (before your time). My brother & I liked to shoot the rockets out of the bad guys' arms. We would build forts in the basement, fire at each other, and eventually just throw whatever was within reach.

- Jake
Old 06-28-2004, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I still own 3 of the toys I had as an infant:

And a Playmate
Why'd you have to ruin it with a description? I was picturing her with the bunny ears and all in your playpen, thinking WOW, Brian has the coolest folks ever!

- Jake
Old 06-28-2004, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation How about...

Quote:
It reminds me slightly of the Micronauts toys (before your time). My brother & I liked to shoot the rockets out of the bad guys' arms. We would build forts in the basement, fire at each other, and eventually just throw whatever was within reach.

- Jake
"Stretch Arm-strong"? Man, That was one elastic rubberized action figure...

My fave toys are still any of the Evel Knievel toys, Slot car race sets (I love slot cars) & "SST Smash 'Em Up Derby" (My brother Geary bought my Mother an "SST" set...Man, I need to find one for myself.)

Old 06-28-2004, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We did that a few times, if somebody was the seeker in hide & seek or the kicker in kick the can. We'd all go into somebody's house and watch TV in the air conditioning.
I'm going to be making this up in my next life.

- Jake
We'd do that too....bad kids...
Old 06-28-2004, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
We would build forts in the basement
This reminds me that one of my favorite things to do when I was a kid was making forts in my bunk bed (Yeah. There's only one of me, but I wanted a bunk bed. My Dad built it! +10! Too bad I was afraid to go to the top bunk. Eventually, I'd realize that I didn't need to top bunk so I told Dad & he cut that part off). I built forts in the family room, too.

What else did I do... When Dexter's Laboratory (show on Cartoon Network) first came out, I was determined that I was going to build my own lab.... in the crawlspace.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
"Stretch Arm-strong"? Man, That was one elastic rubberized action figure...
I had him!! And his dog!! I never tried to see what was inside, but I think mine busted. Laaame.

I also LOVED building things with blocks. The best were Lincoln Logs. I? Loved those things.

I'd love to find some of the stuff I played with when I was little. I remember when my mom made me throw away all my action figures (Power Rangers, of course). I was a wreck. She said I was too old to play with toys. Psh.

Last edited by DeadliestPoison; 06-28-2004 at 02:26 AM..